EDITED VERSION: Chapter Five

Today was the last class of the week and unfortunately, Darian was not in it. Therefore, I need to fend for myself - something I don't particularly want to do. But that's the price you pay when you move away from home into a huge city on your own.

Getting out of bed, I got dressed in my favourite pair of leggings and a baggy sweater that says NYC on the front. To finish off my outfit of the day, I borrow Darian's grey beanie, plopping it on top of my wavy mess of hair.

I grumbled all the way down my apartment hallway and all the way to the kitchen. The scent of coffee beans immediately caught me off guard. On the counter, a fresh cup of steaming coffee sat in my favourite mug that had the phrase Lit Happens painted on it. Beside the coffee, was a carrot muffin. Nathan stood behind the counter and pointed to the items. "You need to eat."
I arched an eyebrow. "Shouldn't you be at work?"

Nathan shook his head. "I work the closing shifts for the bar, princess. The earliest I'd ever start is six."

I sat down at the kitchen island and sighed. Nathan was gradually moving his stuff in ever since we agreed to let him move in a couple of days ago, and aside from work, he barely leaves the apartment. Despite it only being two days, I already miss the quietness Darian and I shared before Nathan arrived. Although, I will admit Nathan making coffee for me was nice. Before I took a sip, I said, "Aren't you going to eat?"

"Aren't you ever going to tell anyone that you and your boyfriend broke up?" Darian's brother countered with a triumphant smirk.

I placed my coffee carefully on the marble surface. "How do you know?"

"I may look charming, princess, but I do have a brain," Nathan said, pointing to his head. When I didn't respond, he chuckled. "C'mon, you've been wearing nothing but sweats since Tuesday, you haven't eaten anything but ice cream and cake, and I may have heard him when he-"

"Okay, okay," I stopped him, raising my hand. "Fine. Yes, we broke up. But for your information I eat copious amounts of ice cream and cake no matter what my relationship status is, thank you very much."

Nathan leaned forward; his eyes narrowed. "Why haven't you told anyone?"

"Why do you care?" I challenged, narrowing my eyes right back at him.

Nathan's hazel eyes danced mischievously for a few moments before he stood up straight. "Want a ride to school?"

"Alright." I chugged the rest of my coffee and grabbed my muffin, dropping it in a Ziploc bag so I could eat it later. When I say the satisfied smirk on Nathan's face, I quickly added, "But only because I don't want to be late for the third time in a row."

Nathan raised his hands in surrender. "Whatever you say, princess."

"Stop calling me that," I snapped. "My name is Audrey."

He led us out into the hallway and locked the door to our apartment. "Your wish is my command."

We walked down the hall and into the elevator, and eventually to the parking garage. Neither I or Darian had a car so we let Nathan use our parking spot for his car, but when we got to our parking space, it was not a car that was parked.

"You seriously own a motorcycle?" I asked baffled, but when I thought about it, it made sense. Nathan really had the whole 'Bad Boy, Ladies Man' thing down.

Nathan plopped down on his bike and handed me a helmet. "I won't kill you; I promise."

"I'm going to hold you to that," I muttered, grabbing the helmet and placing it on my head. "If I die, I am definitely going to haunt your ass."