EDITED VERSION: Chapter Thirty-Three

Darian wanted to call an apartment meeting. I suspected I knew what it was about, but I didn't push the subject, knowing he would get to it once Nathan got home from his shift.

While we waited, Justin and him snuggled on the couch while I sipped a smoothie at the dining table as I outlined my latest manuscript. It was nice to be able to write for pleasure. When university was in session, I hardly had the time, but as July was underway, I was well into plotting my newest novel. It was different from what I usually wrote and I was nervous sharing it with others except Nathan, who loved it and insisted the love interest, despite being a fantasy novel, should be named after him. I laughed at the suggestion, thinking the name Nathan would be slightly out of place in such a fantastical world.

"How's the writing going?" Justin asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

My eyes drifted from my laptop screen onto his dark brown eyes. The way he held Darian, the way he spoke to him, I fought the urge to smile as I thought about what Darian was likely going to announce at the apartment meeting. Instead, I nodded my head. "It's going. I've just had so much motivation lately, I don't remember the last time I wrote this much."

Darian sat up, his eyes landing on mine. "Would my brother be the muse fueling your literary pursuits?"

Justin shook his head with a small smile. Most people found Darian's lack of a filter intimidating or annoying, but I could see Justin paid no mind to it, instead, it seemed to amuse him.

I closed the laptop, learning overtime the best way to get Darian going is to freak him out. I grinned mischievously. "Once you read the smut in this book you won't have to ask that question."

Darian's face turned green and Justin barked out a laugh, his dark brown skin turning a slight shade of pink while he indulged in his fit of laughter seeing his boyfriend so scandalized at my answer.

As if we spoke of Nathan too much that it summoned him, he walked through the door, halting when he noticed Darian's expression, Justin laughing, and me with a satisfied smirk on my face. He pointed to the boys and then to me. "What am I missing?"

Darian beat all of us, answering first. "Your girlfriend is writing about your sex life!"

Justin, who managed to subdue his laugh while Darian spoke, burst out laughing once again. Nathan looked over at me, a smirk etched on his face. "I know it's fantasy, but did you include that time we were in the shower-"

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" Darian repeated, covering his ears.

Nathan ignored his brother and walked over to me, placing a kiss on my forehead. He seemed satisfied that I had caused such distress. "How was your day, Princess?"

I shrugged while Justin calmed Darian down in between bursts of laughter. "I did some more writing. I think I finally got myself out of that corner. You?"

Nathan sat beside me and threw an arm over my shoulders. "Same old, same old. Ed had to go home, wasn't feeling well but I think he's been overdoing it."

"Poor Ed," I sighed. Nathan's boss was kind, and seemed to be fairly invested in mine and Nathan's relationship, always drawing parallels of our relationship with that of his late wife. The thought of him not doing well made me sad. I made a mental note to bake him some cookies.

Once Darian was calm, he and Justin joined us at the table. They mirrored mine and Nathan's position, in one another's arms. Darian took a deep breath. "It brings me great sadness, as well as joy, to inform you that I will be moving out as Justin and I have found a place of our own."

He waited for a moment, allowing us time to process his words. Nathan was the first to speak, not addressing his brother, but me instead. "Yes! We could turn his room into the library we were talking about."

Darian glared at his brother. "You and Audrey share your room now anyway, why don't you turn her old room into the library?"

"Because that's where our at home gym is going to be," Nathan responded with a tone that suggested Darian should know this already.

I nudged my boyfriend, turning my attention to Darian. "Ignore your brother." I smiled at the couple in front of me. "Congrats, you guys! I'm really happy for you both."

Justin said his thank you while Darian threw his hands up. "Thank you, Audrey, for reacting like a supportive friend!"

Nathan rolled his eyes, smiling playfully at his brother. "You know I'm kidding, man. I'm happy for you." He looked to Justin, expression serious. "If you break his heart, I'll break your face. Understood?"

"Noted," was all Justin said, although he grinned as he did so, knowing Nathan wasn't serious. They had been friends before Darian and him had been in a relationship, so in all likelihood, if Darian broke Justin's heart, Nathan would punch his brother in the face for hurting his friend.

Soon, Justin and Darian broke off into their own conversation about the new place they were going to rent.

Nathan turned to me, grinning like an idiot. "Do you think you can handle living with just me, Audrey Holland?"

I arched an eyebrow. "I think the question is, do you think you could handle living with just me, Mr. Bartender man?"

Nathan chuckled at the nickname I often called him when we challenged one another. He tilted his head, pretending to think deeply. "I don't know, now that I think about it, you are quite a handful."

"Rude!" I replied through a smile.

Nathan chuckled once again and kissed me gently.