Master Kenobi...

Luna's POV

I narrow my eyes in concentration, deflecting laser bolts here and there with my two cyan lightsabers. 

Right. Left. Duck. Roll. Deflect. The moves come more and more naturally as I practice with the training droids. Usually, I would work with Master Vol'tra on lightsaber techniques, but today she had a mission so I had to train alone.

I sigh, using the force to turn off the training droids. Slumping to the ground, I thought about my dream. To become someone's padawan and eventually, a Jedi Knight and Master.

I had wished it since the day I had become a youngling but the clone war had taken my chance away. Jedi Masters used to visit the temple every day to search for a padawan, but since the clone war started most were all busy with the war to look for one. I was now 13. A little old to still be a youngling, but exceptions were made because of the clone war. 

I sigh, closing my eyes. One day I'll be a padawan. I tell myself. One day. Footsteps make my eyes open, and I hold back a groan when I see my mortal enemy. Hayden K'liek.

"Training on your own again Looney?" He smiles cruelly, "Looks like you'll have to wait for some sympathetic master to help you."

I stand up and glare at him, "I was practicing." I put my lightsabers in my belt, "And don't take your anger on me because no Master wants you."

My words hit Hayden like a punch, and he takes out his dark blue lightsaber and jumps at me. I barely have time to take out my lightsaber to block the blow.

His eyes burn with anger and I smirk, "What? Don't like the truth?"

"You and I both know that no Master wants you. It's only a matter of time before I get chosen, leaving you in the dust." He snarls back, "You have no talent whatsoever. It's a wonder that no one's noticed yet."

"I'm not a mirror, you know." I snap back angrily. I gracefully do a backflip and deactivate my lightsabers, walking out of the training hall to my dorm.

I decide to meditate for a while in my room and close my eyes, seeking guidance from the force. I feel myself replaying Hayden's words You and I both know that no Master wants you. I sigh. He was right. No master wanted me. It was only a matter of time when Master Yoda realized that I was too old to be a youngling any longer. Then I would be sent to work at the agricorps where I would never learn to be a Jedi.

No. I tell myself firmly. I would not fall into a pit of despair. There was still time for me. My thoughts end up chasing each other in circles, and I fall asleep, thoughts still racing.

*~The Next Day~*

I hurry to class as usual. Today Master Vol'tra was back and I had class with her first thing today. I walk down the halls of the temple, thinking about my lightsaber techniques. They were getting better, but I still needed more work on Ataru. I always seemed to favour Soresu, but still added Ataru moves here and there. Once I reach the training chambers, I smile at Master Vol'tra who was standing at her usual spot at the front of the class, but instead of standing alone, a Jedi with auburn hair and a beard was talking with her. 

Master Kenobi. The voice echoes in my head. I had read almost every book and holocrom from the Archives about all the Jedi Masters at the Temple. I find myself wondering what he was doing here. Shouldn't he be on a mission?

Then it hit me. He was here to look for a new padawan. I feel a spark of panic flash through me, which I quickly covered up. What if I messed up while he was watching? What if I do something wrong? What if I say something that I shouldn't.