A New Beginning

We board the Republic cruiser and I follow Master Kenobi into the control room where Hayden and Ahsoka were both waiting.  

Master Kenobi tells me and Hayden to wait in a room for him to speak with us.

Oh. right. The mission. Disobeying orders. Dammit. I think to myself.

Me and Hayden sit in silence. 

"So, Looney." Begins Hayden, "You ready?"

I stay silent, unwilling to let myself be provoked.

Hayden continues, "I mean, you must be. You disobeyed orders, and Master Kenobi sees that."

I knew exactly what he was talking about. I was about to be sent back to Coruscant. As an initiate.

"It must be horrible, knowing that you'll never be good enough."

That was it. I stand up abruptly. Anger and sadness had taken over my body. Stay calm stay calm stay calm. 

Nope. Calm was the later thing I felt right now. "You know what, Hayden? I DON'T CARE. All you did on this mission was stay here and do who knows what. You've been standing here calmly while I've been doing everything I can to help."

He sneers, "But has Master Kenobi said anything? Has he told you good job for disobeying orders?" He pauses, "You are NOTHING. Nothing you do will ever mean anything."

Ouch. Those words cut into me. He was right. I was nothing.

Suddenly, Master Kenobi walks in. "That's quite enough Initiate K'liek." He growls, putting emphasis on initiate. "If you've had enough, you will wait for me in the main hanger bay so I can find someone to escort you back to the Jedi Temple."

Hayden's eyes widen, "Bu-"

Master Kenobi gives him a hard glare.

"Yes, Master." He murmurs.

"And that's Master Kenobi to you." Master Kenobi says, voice hard in anger.

Once Hayden leaves the room, I sigh.

Master Kenobi glances at me, his gaze now gentle, "Are you alright?"

"I guess," I murmur.

"I've dealt with people like him in the past." He says sympathetically, gaze misting over as he recalls his past.

Curiosity got the better of me, "What did you do about it?"

Master Kenobi smiles, "I was young. About your age. I was an initiate, and I had a week left to find a Master. Bruck. That was his name. He was another initiate like me. He needed a master soon too. The two of us hated each other. Constantly fighting. Like you and Hayden." He smiles at me, "We were both desperate to get a Master. One day, Master Qui Gon came to the temple to watch us spar. I won, eventually, but Qui Gon had sensed our anger and left without taking on either of us."

"Then what happened? I ask, intrigued.

"I was sent to Banodomeer to work at the Agri Corps, and Coincedently, Qui Gon was also sent there for a mission." He pauses, "There was trouble on Bandomeer, and I snuck around, looking for clues on the enemy ship. I was almost caught, and Qui Gon wasn't very pleased. It looked like I wanted to play hero, but I was actually trying to help."

I could feel my heart swell in hope. If he was still talking to me, maybe I still had a chance. "What are you trying to say?"

"I understand what you're going through." Master Kenobi pauses, "I'm offering you a spot beside me. As my padawan."

I feel a small smile creep up my face, "After everything? Disobeying orders? Sneaking onto the ship?"

Master Kenobi sighs dramatically, "At first, I was worried that I would end up with another Anakin if I kept you around, but you know what? I value your flexibility and determination."

He holds out his hand which has a single yellow band in it. A padawan band "What do you say?"

I smile and take it, holding it out for him to braid it into my hair, "What's next?... Master?"

Yes, I know, very short chapter, but I didn't know what else to write.
Hope you enjoyed!

*~Moon~*