1- Where it begins

My name is y/n, I'm a senior in high school. I have an older brother named Clay, also commonly known as 'Dream', a little sister that we all call 'Drista' (a/n: we will call her Drista because I don't know her real name!) and my mom. I don't really see my dad much. My brother Clay lives in Orlando Florida. Shortly after Clay left for Orlando, the house seemed quieter. I'm 17 and I'm sick of being stuck at home. Mom doesn't like me to leave very often. "Florida is full of uncultured boys, and you are a very impressionable lady for 17" is my moms most used statement when talking to me. 'Drista' is 14, and she gets more freedom.

I haven't talked to Clay in awhile. All I know is that he's living in Orlando with his boyfriend George and his friend Alex. It's currently 12 a.m. I can't sleep because at dinner tonight, mom and I got into a argument over my lack of freedom. She brought up that she wasn't so comfortable with me having a YouTube channel at 17. I've had my YouTube channel since I was 14, and it hasn't been an issue. She claims that my following is what bothers her. Yes, I have a lot of followers, but it was never an issue. I have 3.5 million subscribers, but I don't understand the problem. I've been creating content since 14 like I stated, but a bit of the following came from my brother. Maybe that's the issue, my brother and I being known. But that doesn't make sense. After debating and lying there, I opened my phone to text Clay.

Pissbaby Clay😌
--------------------------------

Friday
12:15 a.m

Hey Clay! If you aren't awake
That's okay. I just have a question
for whenever You can talk.

C- Hey sis, what's up?

Well mom and I got into an argument

C- What happened?

She suddenly has a problem with my
YouTube following. She also is being
Overly smothering. I have no freedom.

C- That sucks kiddo. Is there
anything I can do?

I took a deep breath staring at the conversation for a second. I wasn't sure if I was being compulsive or not. I was sick of being stuck at home and having nothing to do. Also, I missed my brother. I wasn't sure what the answer was going to be but I went for it

Pissbaby Clay😌
-------------------------------
Friday
12: 25 a.m

Actually Clay, if you don't mind
can I maybe go stay with you
for a bit? I do online school,
I'm just sick of being stuck at
home.

C- Of course, anytime.
just make sure to talk
to mom first, I wouldn't
want you to get into trouble.

Thanks Clay! I'll talk to
her in the morning. Night,
I'll get back to you once I have a
plan! Love you

C- Good idea. Love you sis
talk to you in the morning!💚

Shortly after my conversation with Clay, I drifted asleep. I woke up around 7:00 a.m. I got into the shower and brushed my hair and teeth. After that I picked out an outfit, although I'd only be at a desk for the portion of the day. I didn't have to join my first class until 9. It was only 7:45, so I grabbed my keys and drove to Starbucks. When I got there I went inside to see my friend and order. She was a first year in college, and I knew she didn't have classes today and would be working. "Hey Tess!" I said walking into the shop. "Hey y/n, what's up?" Tess said while starting to make my order. "Ugh nothing much. I have a busy and stressful day today. How about you?" I said with a sigh. "Same, just working here on my off day, you know. Why do you have a stressful day ahead?" Tess said as she handed me my breakfast, and starting to make my drink. "Well last night my mom and I got into a stupid argument, and I texted Clay asking if I could stay with him. So today I have talk to my mom about moving in with Clay for a bit" "Wow, that does seem stressful, I'm sorry to hear that. But isn't Orlando a couple hours away." Tess said while raising her eyebrows. "Yes, but I do online school, so school isn't an issue, and it's not like I'm leaving the country. I'm just sick of staying at home all of the time, and I miss Clay, you know?" I said with a kinda sad expression on my face. "I totally get that. Here's your drink hun" she said handing me my order. "Keep me updated on what happens. And if you need any help, I'm always here to help" she said with a smile. "I know, thanks. Love you girlie, I'll talk to you later!" "Talk to you later!" Tess said waving to me as I walked out of the door. I headed back home and headed up to my room. It was about 8:20 now, so I decided to go wake up my sister and get her up for her classes. Mom was long gone to work by now. 9:00 rolled around fast. I joined my classes and the first part of the day seemed to be going backwards it was so slow. It was finally my lunch break so I left my class meeting and headed downstairs. I made me and 'Drista' and sandwich. I brought it to her room. She had just gotten out of her class by time I made it up to her room. She sat at her desk and I handed her the sandwich. I sat on her bed and we ate our lunch together. Shortly after we ate, it was time for our second half of the day classes. I went back into my room and scrolled through Instagram while I waited to join my class. After a long 4 hours, it was 3:30 and school was finally done for the weekend. I went downstairs and picked up a bit before mom got home at 5.

5:00 rolled around fast. Mom was finally home and I was doing dishes when she walked in the door. My heart started to race because I became more nervous. I didn't want my mom to think I hated her for wanting to get out for a bit. I liked my life, but I needed a break. I finished loading up the dishes in the dishwasher, dried my hands and walked over to my mom. She was starting to walk towards the kitchen to start dinner. "Hey mom, how was work?" I said going in for a hug. "It was okay, how was school?" She said hugging me back. "It was eh, the day seemed like it would never end" I groaned. She let out a soft chuckle as she started to turn on the stove. "Hey mom.." "Yeah?" My mom said. I started to get nervous. "I have a question, but I want you to know I love you and you are amazing" "What's up?" She said starting to chop up vegetables. "I want to go to Orlando and stay with Clay for a bit. I already talked to him and he doesn't care. Also, I'd obviously continue to do online school, I just want to get away for a bit, you know? Change of scenery" a moment of silence passed before my mom began to slowly speak. "Okay, just don't do anything stupid. I trust you and I trust your brother. It's only a couple hours away, and you will be an adult soon anyways so I can't do much about that either". I honestly was a little surprised, and she wasn't wrong about me being an adult soon. I was turning 18 in about two months. "Okay. I don't know when I'll be leaving, but I'll text Clay to figure it out. Thank you, I love you" I said giving her a kiss on the cheek before heading up to my room.

Pissbaby Clay😌
--------------
Friday
5:30 p.m

Hey Clay, mom was okay with it.
When are you okay with me moving
in? I'm in no rush.

C- That's surprising lol,
and you can head over
tomorrow if you'd like we
are happy to have you whenever
you are ready. Theres a bedroom
for you ready so its up to you.

Okay, I'll start packing. I'll see
if mom can bring me out tomorrow
morning. But I'll text you whenever
I head out!

C- Alrighty, talk to you then!

I sighed in relief. I began packing until my mom called us down for dinner. At dinner I told them how I would like to head out tomorrow morning and how I'm packing everything that I need. They were pretty chill with everything. My mom agreed to take my to Orlando in the morning. After dinner I went back up to my room and started packing. I packed about two suitcases worth of stuff. I had all of my school stuff, clothes, hygiene products, streaming equipment, and a couple other things. I feel asleep around 1:15 a.m. I drifted asleep glad that everything was going my way for once.

A/n: word count 1554
I liked this chapter. I feel like it was a nice way to ease into the story. I'll hopefully have the second chapter out soon. Bye habibis!!<3