𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄

𝙁𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒' 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 down the hallways of Auradon, heading to their next destination. Both boys were leading the group, having their own conversation about something. Dude was walking contently beside Carlos, his tail wagging. Evie was standing in the middle of the five of them, a notebook in hand as she started checking things off her to-do list and fixing up her schedule. A content smile appeared on her face every time she crossed off someone's name from her list, meaning that she completed their outfit for the Cotillion. Mal and Y/N were a few centimetres away from away, but still managed to keep up with the rest of the group. The blonde-haired girl was carrying her binder and books in her arms because she forgot her bag.

Y/N had her bag strapped around both shoulders, her chemistry book open and a sheet of paper laid on one of the manual's pages. Her eyes glanced back and forth between the manual's page and her lined paper. One of her hands was under the large book, supporting its weight, while the other was holding a pencil. Her hand danced across her lined paper, writing down the answers to her chemistry homework and was attempting to finish it before she walked through the door of her chemistry class.

The group walked up a small flight of stairs—Y/N tripping on the first step, not realizing that it was there. Smiles were plastered on both boys and Evie's faces as they continued to walk the school's hallways, excited for the day that they had ahead of themselves. A small frown was on Mal's face as she tried making herself as small as possible around the other students

Her eyes were downcasted, staring at her feet as she continued to walk behind Evie. Her eyes would dart from side to side, slightly, as she tried to remember all of the events she had to make an appearance at, today. She glanced over at Y/N every now and then, just to see what she was doing. She noticed Y/N's tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth due to her extreme concentration. She was applying the tip of her pencil on the piece of paper a bit too hard as she scribbled down the answer to a question.

She quietly sighed through her nose, a sensation of jealousy rushing through her. She didn't understand how Y/N was capable of handling any of this stuff. She didn't understand how she was able to balance everything. How the E/C-eyed girl was fitting in and perfects her role without any struggles. How she was perfectly capable of handling both her school work and Guardian training without having to break a sweat. But the thing that aggravated her the most, was the fact that she didn't even need to use a spellbook to help her get through the day.

"Hi, Jay," a girl greeted the former thief, waving with a small smile on her face as the group walked past her.

Jay looked at the girl and smirked. "Hey," he responded, seeing nothing wrong with their interaction. It was just a simple greeting and Y/N wasn't even paying attention to him. She was focused on her work, like always.

"Jay." Another girl chuckled, trying to get the boy's attention.

Jay smiled. "Hey, what's up." A girl waved at Jay, a bright smile on his face. "Hi." He returned her wave.

Evie looked at the boy, a small frown appearing on her face. Why was he acting like this? Y/N was standing right behind him.

"Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already," Carlos asked as they walked past the group of girls.

Jay glanced back at Y/N, pressing his lips tight together. He already had someone in mind, but he didn't want to ruin the surprise for her. He exhaled. "I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them." He placed a hand on Carlos' shoulder and smiled.