𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍

A/N: TYSM FOR OVER 2K READS GUYS OMG I AM TRULY AMAZED RN AND EXTREMELY GRATEFUL! Anyway, tysm and enjoy reading <3

WARNING
Mentions and description of a panic attack

𝙂𝙤𝙣𝙚

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋, his mouth agape as he stared at the walking girl, his words looping in his mind. Everything around him went slow, an annoying ringing noise filling the silence. He couldn't feel the ground around him, and the heat he once felt moments ago suddenly disappeared.

He saw the events from moments ago unfold before his eyes. He remembered everything. The look on her face, her body language, the pain behind her eyes as he spoke. It was like he was in a car crash; everything was happening in slow motion, and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

"You know what, maybe it's a good thing you came back. This is clearly where you belong."

Did he really say that to her? Those were the last words he spoke to her before she left. Those words were the last thing that she would remember him by if he couldn't fix this... but that seemed like an impossible task now. The whole reason why they—why he came back to this awful place was to bring her back home with him. She didn't belong here, she never belonged here. She was a beacon of light for him. She was the reason why he survived living on the Isle for so long without losing his mind.

Auradon was just as bright as she was. It was where he wanted to spend his life with her. Everything they needed was there. Their friends and family were in Auradon, and not to mention the opportunities they would gain by staying there. Within a few weeks, Y/N gained the title of future Guardian and he became the Captian of the Tourney and Fencing Team; they would've never gotten those chances if they were still stuck on the Isle. Everything was better on the other side of the bridge. Where the trees were green, the air wasn't suffocating and it always smelt like lavender.

But the girl he loves decided it wasn't what she wanted, even after everything they went through during the Coronation and her speech about wanting to stay in Auradon.  

"Being around you makes me feel really happy and if I had to pick one person to spend the rest of my weird life with it would be you, Jay, because you are my home."

Did those words mean nothing, now? She didn't want to be around him anymore and she made it abundantly clear—painfully clear if he was being honest. Everything had been falling apart in front of him and he didn't even notice it till now, and it killed him. He didn't stop it in time. Before, their relationship had small cracks in it, but after the encounter beside the vending machines, it crumbled into pieces. Now, their relationship was sand, running through his fingers as he tried to stop it. There was nothing that he could say or do that could glue the pieces back together, and even if he did, there were going to be pieces missing.

He ruined everything. He shattered everything good in his life, and it was all because he didn't stick to the plan. He should have never followed her, under any circumstance.

He was the one who was supposed to protect her, not be the one to use her harm. He had one simple job, one simple task that even a young boy could've accomplished. All of her suffering, her tears and her pain were caused by him. This could've been avoided if he kept his mouth shut and his feelings in check.

His thoughts started racing at a speed that he couldn't keep up with. It was all happening too fast. He blinked a few times, trying to control his heartbeat as he felt his breathing pick up, his lips quivered as he noticed the E/C-eyed girl was no longer in his peripheral vision; she was gone, and it was his fault.