Chapter Seventeen, It's Goin' Down

A/N: TYSM FOR OVER 3K READS GUYS! I AM HONESTLY BLOWN AWAY RN AND EXTREMELY GRATEFUL!

Anyway, tysm and enjoy reading <3

Jay and Nakoa exit the limo in the abandoned garage. Nakoa quickly shut his door and looked down at his watch and his eyes widened in fear. They only had a minute left before noon. A minute left to save Y/N and Ben.

A shaky breath left his lips as he looked over at Jay, who shared the same expressions and thoughts.

"I'll get the swords," Jay said as he motioned towards the swords that were in the trunk.

Nakoa nodded his head, "Okay," he said before walking over towards Mal and Evie, following right behind Lonnie.

"Oh, Lonnie," Mal said as she saw the girl run over towards them.

"I made them bring me," Lonnie said as she hugged Mal with a smile on her face.

She was happy to be there, happy to be able to help the King and the Guardian. She was hoping that by doing this it may help redeem herself for how she treated Y/N the first time they met. Maybe if she proved to Y/N that she wasn't afraid of her anymore, they might be able to be friends.

Her goal in life was to be able to join the Royal Guard of Auradon, just like her family. IT was sort of like a family tradition in some way. It's been Lonnie's dream since she was a little girl and her parents would tell her and Nakoa their adventures and battles. Her favourite part of the stories was when they talked about how they fought alongside Genie. It made her believe that ordinary people like her, people without powers, could do incredible things.

Joining the Royal Guard meant that you had to be close with the Guardian, not as close as the Captain and the Guardian but still pretty close. The last thing Lonnie wanted was for her chances to be ruined because she and the Guardian didn't really talk or have any kind of relationship.

But that wasn't the main reason why she wanted to build a relationship with Y/N. She truly wanted to be friends with her, but it would be very helpful if being friends with the Guardian was written on her job application.

"Oh, I'm so glad," Mal said as she held onto Lonnie's hands.

"Hi," Evie said as she offered Lonnie a one-armed hug, "Welcome to the Isle. It's good to see you," she added once Lonnie pulled away.

Lonnie smiled, "Thanks."

Nakoa awkwardly cleared his throat as he looked between the girls. He then pointed down at his watch with a worried expression. They really didn't have time for a reunion right now. The clock was ticking and both Y/N and Ben were still in danger.

"We know, we know," Mal said as she grabbed her hair and pulled it out of her face.

Jay and Carlos opened the trunk. Jay quickly grabbed the swords and they found Dude wrapped in a blue blanket. Carlos looked at Jay in shock as Jay just looked down at the canine relaxing in the blanket.

"And Dude," Jay said as he motioned to the dog.

Carlos looked back at Dude, "I told you to stay!"

"I flunked obedience class," Dude responded.

Jay smirked as he motioned towards Dude, "Great. And he can still talk."

"You're lucky I love you," Carlos said as he removed the blanket from Dude and helped him out of the trunk. "Come on," he added as he placed Dude on the ground.

Jay shut the trunk and both boys walked towards the girls and Nakoa, Dude trailing right behind them.

"Ooh. Here let me see it," Mal said as she gestured towards the fake wand in Carlos' hand. Carlos handed the wand over to Mal as she observed it going over every single detail. "Wow, what a beauty," she said once she knew that wand looked like the real one.