Chapter 37: Yaoyorozu: rising

~Third Person P.O.V

The loud buzzer goes off as the second match with Tsu and Tokoyami against Ectoplasm starts.

"Team Asui and Tokoyami! Practical exam, ready? GO!"

Tsu and Tokoyami stand by as individual clouds of smoke start to appear.

"Maybe you didn't understand. But, we teachers are trying to crush with everything we've got and no holding back." Ectoplasm says as clones of himself stand in front of him and the two quickly turn around to see more appearing from behind. "Steal your nerves..and show me your resolve!"

Tokoyami acts fast and sends out Dark Shadow to grab Tsu before throwing her into the air. "Asui, your turn!"

"Got you, Tokoyami!" Tsu calls out and uses her tongue to wrap around Tokoyami's waist. She clings onto the wall and lifts him up to the next floor with her following behind him.

"Glad we made a plan beforehand." Tsu says while landing on the ledge beside him.

"Yes!" Tokoyami nods in agreement.

~

Akira's P.O.V

(Monitoring room)

"Nice!" Uraraka cheers.

"They got out!" My face lightens up in amazement while wagging my tail behind me.

"An escape only the two of them could pull off!" Izuku smiles.

"That's good communication." We all look over at Recovery Girl who walks in while watching the match. "They're talking to each other. It may not seem like much but it's important. I don't just mean having a sidekick or teammate that you know you match well with. Real heroes need to be able to communicate with anyone." She explains.

"And so...we were talking about these finals and how each student is supposed to be facing their weaknesses." Izuku gestures making Recovery Girl nod in remembrance.

"That's right."

"Okay so..what do Tokoyami and Asui have to work on? Mr.Ectoplasm's quirk is a bad matchup against theirs." Izuku stares down in thought propping his hand on his chin as he thinks.

"Oh, well it's not good; for Tokoyami at least." Recovery Girl answers which we stare at her in confusion at what she meant.

"Why do you say that?" Uraraka questions.

"Keep watching, you'll see." Recovery Girl tells us as Izuku, Uraraka, and I stare back at the screen and continue watching the match.

~

Third Person P.O.V

Ectoplasm and his clones all look up at Tokoyami and Tsu as they run across the second floor.

"So you've chosen to avoid a fight? Good luck." In the other part of the building where the gate is, the real Ectoplasm stands behind the gate and breathes out some kind of smoke from his mouth, creating more clones.

Tokoyami stands by as many copies of Ectoplasm appear in front of him and gather around the floor they're on.

He sends out Dark Shadow and starts attacking the clones one by one. As some of them are getting closer, he attacks and with each hit, the clones disappear. Tokoyami didn't have a chance to notice the ones from behind but when one of them got close, Tsu jumps in and saves him by smacking it away with her tongue.

"Thanks." Tokoyami said as Dark Shadow continues to attack. They quickly turn around to see more coming their way. "Dark Shadow!" He has Dark Shadow pass them until he's grabbed by Tsu and they move up to the next floor.