Chapter 26: Todoroki vs Bakugo

~Third Person P.O.V

(Meanwhile in Player waiting room #2)

Todoroki sits at one of the tables while he stares at his hand in thought. His memories of his mother flow into his mind and so has the one sentence Izuku said to him. It's yours! Your quirk, not his!

'How did this happen? I pushed her out of my mind. I tried not to think about her then that fight with Midoriya....mom.'

The door kicked open and Bakugo shows up outside the doorway making Todoroki snap out of his cloud of thoughts.

You know there's a handle on the door Bakugo, you could've just used the handle instead of your feet! Save that for in real hero situations, got it!🙄

"Hey, what the hell are you doing in here? This is my place to- crap, this is waiting room #2?!" Bakugo stands in the doorway and stutters out.

Yes it is, 100%.

Todoroki turns away from him as Bakugo starts to grow irritated with a irk mark and storms right in over to Todoroki. "All right, fine. So I may have walked into the wrong room. But don't think that means I'm not gonna be on top of my game, you got that? Better bring all you got to this, IcyHot!" Bakugo shouts at the end and blows up the table in front of him.

"Midoriya." Todoroki mutters as Bakugo's face contorts into confusion.

"Huh?"

"He said the same thing. That fool; instead of trying to win the match himself, he focused on breaking my walls." Todoroki says before glancing at Bakugo sideways. "You guys along with Haruko were childhood friends, right? Was he like that when you were kids? So helpful." He says which made his eyes twitch.

(Flashback)

"Kacchan, we couldn't just stand there and watch you die!"

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

(Flashback end)

"What do they have to do with any of this?" He clenches his fist and asks with venom laced in his words, kicking the table away from Todoroki. "It's all between you and me now! Focus on the match, that's the only thing I give a damn about! Whatever your family problems are, whatever you're feeling, none of that crap matters just make sure you don't hold back! Use your flames on me! I want everyone to know I beat you at your best."

Todoroki stares at his back as he walks out and slams the door behind him. Now he knows what he is really up against.

'Let's see him try and use his powers against me when I'm bombing every inch of the stadium! I'll show the world what a champion looks like!' Bakugo thoughts with a huge sadistic smile and a shadow casting over his eyes.

This match is not gonna be pretty.

~

Akira's P.O.V

This is it guys!

The battle of the semifinals that will decide on who gets to battle me in the final.

But with those two as our strongest students in our class, this battle isn't going to be easy. So I wonder how will this turn out?

I sit beside Izuku as the rest of my class and I wait for the semifinals to begin.

"Welcome to the semifinals of the U.A. High school Sports Festival! In just a moment here, we'll see which student will come out on top and will be granted a spot in the finals!" Present Mic announces as the crowd begins to cheer with excitement! "Yes, it all comes down to this folks! From the Hero course: Shoto Todoroki vs his classmate: Katsuki Bakugo!"