I - A New World

"Kaoru have you eaten your breakfast? Have you packed your bags for school? Please don't forget to bring your face mask in case you smell something putrid!" The dark-haired girl let out a chuckle hearing her mother's choice of words.

"Don't worry, I've brought some" She mumbled fiddling with a mask hidden in her pocket.

"I hope you studied for any quiz that might pop up!" Her mother reminded as the recorded video continued on playing.

"I know you can ace anything sweetheart!" Her father joined in. She was quick to notice the dark bags under their eyes. It clearly shows how exhausted they must've been in their work... Yet, despite how tired they look, they still managed to give bright and encouraging smiles for her. "If ever you're having trouble in school, don't hesitate to ask Senku!"

"As always, they had to mention Senku" she mumbled.

"Byakuya sent his regards as well, I hope you two are taking care" Her mother chirped, "We'll be going now, dear... We love you!"

The video then ended.

"I miss you guys as well" Kaoru mumbled as she hid her phone back into her pocket. She looked at her watch, checking the time. Seeing as there were still lots of time before dismissal, she let out a begrudging sigh.

"I can't believe the club room can't be used for a whole week" She grumbled under her breath. As much as she was happy to get some time off from training, it felt weird to her to not do anything. It was a daily routine for her to go training- in hopes one day she'd reach Nationals. Although despite her wish to train, she decided it was for the better. Looking at the bright side, she at least had a day to not inhale the body odor of other athletes cramped within her in the gymnasium.

"I guess it's a win for my nose" She mused as she made her way to a nearby vending machine. An idea then came into her mind.

"Maybe that onion-head doesn't mind me visiting him... After all, I gotta make sure he doesn't blow up the whole school" She muttered to herself.

Despite being able to quickly catch the smell of the nauseous gases caused by the chemicals in the science lab, she had already grown accustomed to it- especially the fact she was affiliated with someone who would more or less marry an encyclopedia.

She was about to select a drink until a loud voice had startled her.

"Kaoru!!!"

"Great... Wrong drink" She cursed upon accidentally pressing the wrong button. The girl turned towards her tall friend who was approaching her. She gave him a forced smile and spoke with gritted teeth, "What is it Taiju?"

"Kaoru!!! I have decided to confess my feelings for Yuzuriha today!" Taiju proclaimed, unaware of his friend's heinous glare.

"That's nice..." Kaoru replied casually as she begrudgingly grabbed the wrong can she had ordered. That's when his words finally sank in. She glanced back at the male with a bewildered look, "Eh? You mean-"

"Wish me luck Kaoru!!!" He had already run off, leaving the girl speechless.

"H-hold on-" She stammered, still at loss for words upon hearing what Taiju had said. After a few seconds of registering it in her mind, a smile crept on her face, "Good luck you big oaf."

She had always been rooting for Taiju. The girl was well aware that her friend had harbored feelings for her other close friend- the ever so charming and sweet Yuzuriha. Kaoru was aware that Yuzuriha felt the same way towards the big oaf but didn't want to force them to squeeze their confessions towards each other. She wanted to let their feelings and courage to confess develop naturally- and to hear that one of them finally found the courage to confess brought her joy. Seeing two of her closest friends finally getting together was a sight she had to see.