XII- True Meaning

The battle against Hyoga turned for the worst. Everyone thought they were at an advantage upon ruining his spear and facing him and his men with Katanas. Yet even Senku didn't see this coming as everyone's eyes focused back on the village engulfed in flames.

"So that's what they were after..." Senku said upon seeing the houses of the villagers up in flames caused by none other than Hyoga's right-hand woman.

As soon as Homura returned back to Hyoga, the duo made their leave. As much as they wanted to apprehend their enemy, protecting the villagers was their top priority at the moment. Quickly everyone began to evacuate, taking them to the Science shed.

The group was then divided into two; one for protecting the elderly and children, and another for dousing the flames. One elderly cried out in fear, "If only the angel were here to protect us."

"Wouldn't the angel come down and help us?" One of the children squeaked.

Senku and Gen overheard their cries. The two looked at each other. Gen's gaze looked weary, "Ehehehe, even I'm hoping Kaoru-chan would at least be here to help us."

"I doubt that, she said it herself that she's returning to Taiju and Yuzuriha" Senku replied as he assisted some of the elderly. "Besides, their patron angel is currently busy doing a different assignment...."

"I guess she's truly a bringer of luck seeing as the worse only happened when she wasn't around anymore" Senku mumbled to himself upon seeing how terrible the damage the fire brought. He then ran off to help out in putting up the flames while Gen stayed behind trying to calm some of the children.

The mentalist let out a heavy sigh, "I hope you're alright now Kaoru-chan..."

In the aftermath of Hyoga's attack, Ishigami village celebrated being able to subdue their attackers without any casualties on their side. The following day, the villagers began rebuilding their homes that had been burned down.

On the other hand, a small fraction of the kingdom of science had a meeting discussing their next move against Tsukasa. This had lead to a new scientific weapon being made.

None other than cellphones!

Of course, the residents of the village were confused about this strange name that escaped their village chief's mouth.

"So you can talk to someone..." Ginro blabbered.

"From really far away?" Suika finished, confused about how was that possible. Kohaku and Magma had startle expressions at well upon hearing such an impossible device being able to do such a task.

"That is definitely sorcery!" Magma exclaimed.

"Is such a thing really possible? Kohaku questioned.

On the other hand, Kaseki and Chrome were brimming with excitement upon hearing what it could do.

"Oh man! I wanna know how that works!" Chrome exclaimed while steam of pure excitement escaped the old black smith's nostrils.

Kohaku turned to the scientist who had an eager look plastered on his face. "And that'll be our weapon?" She questioned.

"You bet it will" Senku proudly responded. "Communications can completely turn the tide in a battle. Suppose we have a double agent who leaks intel to us in real-time..."

He then began to walk towards the science shed, everyone's eyes focused on him. "If we coordinated our efforts in the right way, we might be able to dismantle the Tsukasa Empire without bloodshed."

"But who would be our double agent?" Ginro questioned. Chrome and Gen glanced at each other.

Senku already had an answer to that. His trademark smirk forming in his face as he looked up at the sky, "They're already out there..."