XVIII - Superfan

"Taiju, Yuzu-chan..." Kaoru began, trying her best to not let the vein on her forehead pop. "You know when I said that I trust you guys on doing this task. I'm starting to take it back..."

"Ehehe, K-Kao-chan before you react please hear us out" Yuzuriha squeaked. Kaoru may be a sweet girl, but when she gets mad- the only thing Yuzuriha could do is pray that things don't turn out worse than what she anticipates.

"Yuzu-chan, you know I love you right?" Kaoru gave her a very eerie grin that made Yuzuriha shiver, "And sometimes we punish those we love if they do bad things."

Yuzuriha flinched as Kaoru cracked her knuckles. "I-ah, Kao-chan-"

"Come on Kaoru, Senku trusted us with this, and you should as well" Taiju spoke up hoping to quell the seeping anger coming from the girl. "Me and Yuzuriha had talked this over, and knew she would be the best person to win over first."

"I am well aware I can be completely wrong in judging character but are you guys crazy?!" Kaoru exclaimed causing the two to yelp. "Out of all the people, why is Nikki the first person to come into mind? She literally took orders from Tsukasa to keep an eye on us. If that's the case, we should have just tried to call Ukyo-senpai, or maybe Hyoga- better yet what about Tsukasa himself?!"

Kaoru sucked in a deep breath and then leaned unto the wall, slowly sliding sloppily to the ground. "Nikki is literally suspicious and wary of us, especially me!"

"I know you're worried Kaoru, but Nikki's the closest person we have at the moment," Yuzuriha said taking a seat beside Kaoru who was now lying lazily on the ground. "Come on Kao-chan... Me and Taiju thoroughly thought this out."

Kaoru gave Yuzuriha a dull look at her last statement. "Well, mostly I've thoroughly thought about it" the brunette admitted. "But I promise Kao-chan, this is the best way for us to avoid any potential trouble."

"As long as we're affiliated with Senku, I doubt avoiding trouble is possible" Kaoru let out a heavy sigh as she stood up. "Then again, where's the fun in that?"

"Huh?" Yuzuriha blinked, confused about what she meant. She watch as Kaoru grabbed her cloak, and her makeshift wooden spear. "Where are you going Kao-chan?"

"Me? What about you guys? Aren't we supposed to win over a certain someone to Senku's side, so what are you waiting for?" Kaoru spoke up.

Taiju and Yuzuriha beamed hearing her words.

"But, if things go out of hand at the first moment, I won't hesitate to step in" Kaoru warned gripping her weapon tightly.

"Sure thing! But we'll try our best to avoid that! Senku promised that this would be a bloodless fight after all!" Taiju chirped.

"Right!" Yuzuriha added.

"A bloodless fight..." Kaoru mumbled. It made her wonder if it was really possible to achieve such feat. Then again, knowing Senku is the mastermind, he'll be able to find a way to ensure everyone comes out unscathed.

'And I'll ensure that he comes out unscathed as well..' Kaoru thought, recalling how Tsukasa is intent on killing him. It was one of her goals and promises as she participates in this battle- even if Hyoga or Tsukasa stand before her. She'll do her best to protect those dear to her.

》》》

It was time for them to approach their first target. It wasn't hard to look for Nikki, even if Kaoru's nose was still stuffed. The blonde woman was standing not far from them, not even making an effort that she was hiding or spying on them.

Nikki was glaring at them, in written Kaoru glared back. Yet compared to the expression Nikki held, Kaoru looked like a mere kitten.

"Kao-chan, let us do the talking, and don't make unnecessary gestures" Yuzuriha whispered to her.