III - Faint Longing

Stretching her joints, the dark-haired girl continued organizing the records and reports that the student council had asked her to pass. The sun was already setting, but she still hasn't finished her task and everyone else had already left. She was the only one left the in classroom, letting out a groan she continued on with her task.

"This sucks...Why was I even tasked to do this?!" She whined as she segregated each file. "Curse those seniors for delegating the task to me. Quick and easy my ass. There's a large damn pile before me!"

"Seems, someone's working overtime" A familiar voice sound followed by an amused chuckled. Kaoru's eyes lit up as she turned to where the voice came from. Her cerulean gaze met crimson orbs that came from an all too familiar male who was standing by the doorway. He wore a lab coat over his uniform and had a drink in hand.

"Senku" Kaoru mumbled, her gaze softened upon seeing him.

"It's unusual for you to be out of the science lab" she noted, Her face then scrunched up as her nose detected a foul scent that latched unto him. She quickly pulled out a face mask and put it around her face. "You reek of chemicals! Take a bath!"

"I just finished making an experiment, it's not my fault your nose is that sensitive"Senku scratched the back of his head. Kaoru rolled her eyes and decided to spray some mild perfume onto the male in hopes of extinguishing the smell.

"H-Hey cut it out!" Senku exclaimed. "I thought you're used to it by now? Anyways, it's already getting late and I just came by since oddly the club room of the Baton Twirling Club was opened."

He welcomed himself and took a seat beside the girl.

"Awe, so you came in to check on me?" Kaoru cooed.

"Not really, I was planning on dismantling your A/c to be used for my next experiment" Senku responded with one of his mischievous grins. Kaoru's brows furrowed, not surprised at her friend's reply.

"You do know that's vandalism in a way right?" She sweatdropped seeing that his mischievous look still hasn't been wiped away. "Anyways, since you're here-"

"I'm not going to help you" he quickly interrupted as he took a drink from the soda in his hand.

Kaoru frowned, "How mean. I won't hesitate to spray you again if you won't help me!"

"Just get on to work, I'll wait for you to finish," Senku said in a bothered tone. The girl beamed.

"Really?" She grinned, "As much as I want you to help me out, I guess you waiting for me is fine as well... I hope you're patient, this is a lot of work."

"I'm 10 billion percent patient" Senku responded with his casual tone. "Besides, I'm willing to wait for you."

"Eh?" Kaoru turned to the male, eyes widened in surprise at what he just said.

Realizing what he had said, he turned away hoping she wouldn't see his cheeks flushing. "Idiot that's not what I meant..." He mumbled, trying to hold his composure.

"Really?" Kaoru took this opportunity to tease him. She glanced at him, wiggling her eyebrows, "Don't tell me you like me Senku?"

In response, the male pinched the girl's cheeks causing her to whine and whimper. "How mean!" She said as she rubbed her sore cheeks.

Senku let out a sigh, "You're such a drag sometimes" he commented. The girl glared at him.

"Rather than waste time, you should finish on with that task" he suggested.