Dear Tug-of-war

Dear Tug-of-war,

I lose every time. Why is that when all of the evidence is printed on every inch of my body? My soul wants to be released, but the whips on my back resemble a cage, and it won't set me free. My face is swollen from the slaps and punches, but once again, nobody noticed. How could they ignore the dried-up traces of blood on my face? Are they fucking blind? No, they are not; they just do not want to see things as they really are—they just don't care. As always, it is not their shit, nor is it their fucking problem.

Every single day is a game of tug-of-war; I have to fight, push, and pull for something. Every single day it is double or nothing. However, I always give it one last try for Kace's sake. It is like I am on a merry-go-round; it just keeps going in circles, round and round—and another go-round I go. When will I be able to get off?

Today was the worse and scariest day of my life. I had to fight for my innocence. Why do I have to fight all the time when I just want to have peace? Why is it so hard for me to find peace? It shouldn't be this difficult to find. I was caught in the rough tides of a man's raging words as he tried to force his penis into something that is rightfully mine. I am not my mother! He wanted to steal my womanhood, something that I will never get back. I am not my mother! Neither he nor anyone else can take what is mine. I am not my mother! I played tug-of-war with this man who looked me dead in the eyes and told me it would be his word over mine. He wasn't lying. Nobody believed me, but I believe me. When I think about it, I won. I pulled and pulled and pulled and saved my soul from being rotten. I dug my hands and feet in the sand—the moon controlled the tides. The moon is watching over me. The moon is my protector. I was protected because I am here. I guess I should be grateful. I am breaking. When will enough be enough?

Ember