chapter 16

It turned out that Tree wasn't actually as surprised about Taylor and Leia's secret relationship as Leia expected her to be. The woman had seemed annoyed at first for the blonde superstar not telling her about their secret, listing off various circumstances where they could have had a huge press scandal on their hands but she had quickly realised that neither of the women standing before her seemed that concerned about Leia leaking anything to the press.

"So, just to check we're on the same page," Tree asked them twenty minutes after her surprise entrance, the cupcakes long dived into by Taylor. "Leia is publicly out as bisexual - you obviously aren't, Taylor - but for now you have no intention of letting this relationship go public?"

Leia looked to Taylor before nodded, a sheepish smile falling on her lips as she fiddled with her fingers and looked at the red headed woman, already knowing that Tree would be running through thousands of situations in her head that could stem from this.

"I never really had the choice to come out," Leia started softly, Tree's face dropping as she remembered the press leanings of Leia kissing Lauren Jauregui. "And I never want to take that away from Taylor. So if it means hiding in suitcases or wearing disguises then I'm all in for whatever you need us to do to keep this a secret for as long as Taylor needs it to be."

Tree smiled at that, nodding as she reached down to stroke Tate. The black dog had never had the chance to meet one of Taylor's most trusted advisors and he was soaking up all of the attention that he could get. His tongue was hanging out of his mouth as the woman scratched behind his ear and Leia couldn't help but roll her eyes at how much of a softie the dog was despite his large frame.

"Well, I'd usually send over a non-disclosure agreement in circumstances like this but it's up to you guys," Tree told them, unsure what direction they would take here. "It's a little different when it's a relationship and not just a friendship."

Leia shrugged, taking a bite out of one of the cupcakes and answering without any hesitation at all. "If you want me to sign one for you, I will Tay."

Taylor smiled at the nickname before looking over at Tree and noticing how the woman didn't seem desperate for Leia to sign one. They trusted the British girl standing in front of them enough to know that regardless of what would happen between them, Leia would never out Taylor after what she had been through herself.

"Nah, I trust you," Taylor told her softly, Tree also smiling at the exchange between the duo as she stood up and brushed the remaining slobber from Tate off her pantsuit. The dog huffed as she stood up but rolled over and was back asleep within mere seconds.

"I better be going, I've got dinner to catch," Tree admitted to the girls, both of them turning to look at her in surprise. "I was only popping in to check on you but it seems you've already been... checked on."

Leia blushed furiously as Tree barked out a laugh at their bashful expressions, showing herself out with a quick goodbye hug from Taylor and a leg rub from Olivia. The dark haired woman watched her go, her jaw still dropped as Taylor simply scooped up Meredith while walking in the direction of the kitchen. Leia trailed after her, hearing the comforting thuds of Tate padding behind her as they followed the marvellous sled-proclaimed cat lady.

"I have to be back in LA tomorrow but I was thinking if you're planning on staying here for a while that I could try and fly back every other weekend? I can even try and change up some of my studio time and find a recording space near here so I can try and see you more," Leia started to ramble, not noticing how Taylor had turned to stare at her with an unreadable expression on her face. "And I'm sure I can afford to rent some small apartment near by too since I've started to get the royalties for Be The One coming in now..."