chapter 4

It had been quite a while since Leia had actually been able to just take a night off and relax by herself. While she used to be able to do it almost every night, her list of appearances and different studio sessions had all been significantly higher with all of the increased media attention on the girl. So, having been granted the rest of the weekend off by her manager, Leia had made it her sole intention to spend her Friday night with her favourite snacks and both of the Camp Rock movies on DVD.

After running into Nick the afternoon before - and a long conversation with her sister spent gushing over how they had both been obsessed with him and his brothers after the first movie came out - she had gotten the urge to sit down and rewatch them. Not only were they classic Disney Channel films, but it was weird for her to see people that she had met in person starring in the film.

She'd managed to find them on a streaming site, thanking Adrian silently for booking her into a hotel with good internet for once. Leia had finished her first televised performance on Jimmy Fallon, and she had fallen asleep as soon as she'd entered the room the night before. Adrian had informed her that he and Riven had booked her in for a short interview on Good Morning America tomorrow, and therefore she'd be in New York for an extra day.

Snuggling down into the suite couch, Leia wrapped a blanket around herself as she turned her phone on to silent. As her weekend had been cleared of other obligations, she figured that no-one was going to try to contact her this late on a Friday night unless they were drunk or really bored out of their mind. Throwing it down on the other side of the couch, Leia dimmed the lights as she pressed play on the remote.

Laughing and singing along, Leia soon found herself at the end of the first movie. Deciding that she needed a re-fill of her snacks and soda the brunette threw her blanket off her as she scrambled up and off of her couch. While it was certainly nowhere near graceful, Leia was not expecting her phone to have been nudged in her movements and jumped as the device crashed against the floor.

Swearing slightly, she lunged herself towards her phone to frantically make sure that it was working. Leia was hopeless when it came to remembering to back up her phone, so the thought of losing all of her photos and videos was more terrifying than to those who were capable of frequently doing so. Holding her breath as she lifted it, she released it with a satisfied sigh as the phone appeared to be in completely normal condition.

Relieved that her phone was unharmed, Leia let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She gingerly picked it up and checked the screen for any visible damage. To her relief, there were no cracks or scratches. Reassured, she set the phone back down on the couch next to her before heading to the kitchen to fetch her snacks.

With a bag of chips and a can of soda in hand, Leia made her way back to the couch, settling in once again. As the second movie started playing, she allowed herself to fully immerse in the world of catchy tunes and teenage drama. But just as things were starting to get interesting onscreen, Leia's phone buzzed loudly on the coffee table.

When she had knocked it off the table, she must have accidentally turned the do not disturb off. She rolled her eyes, moving to flick the switch off before noticing the abundance of messages that were popping up on her screen.

Having turned her phone on silent during the film, she hadn't noticed that in the last forty-seven minutes she had received almost a hundred messages on a groupchat with the Haim girls that Este had seemingly made for that very purpose, and quite a few private messages too - most notably being the twenty-eight from her sister, Georgie.

Clicking on her sister first, Leia felt a wave on confusion flood her as she tried to understand what her little sister was typing. The first nineteen messages were basically illegible, just being capital letters all flung together in seemingly no order. Once her sister had seemingly calmed down her messages had became a little easier to read but the actual content was certainly not much clearer to the young singer.