chapter 15

"We're joined today on the phone by Leia Hudson, who has just finished almost a month of touring across the States with the one and only Adele! Tell us, how was it getting to experience your first tour as a supporting act?"

Leia smiled as she leaned back on the couch, her eyes twinkling as she smiled at the voice of Nick Grimshaw, the BBC radio host. Adjusting the earphones that rested on her head, she shot her manager a big grin before leaning back towards the microphone to continue with the radio interview. She was currently in her hotel room in Nashville, having just finished the last date of the tour the night before.

In the space of just over a month, her life had seemingly changed completely. Almost three hours after receiving the phone call from Cara about Kim Kardashian's Snapchat posting against Taylor, Adrian had phoned to inform her that Adele's supporting act for her upcoming US tour had fallen sick and was unable to perform at the shows starting a week later.

She had eagerly accepted, unknowing how the tour was going to help her incredibly in the long run. She'd released another song, 'New Rules' and it had also been a hit. Her songs were sitting in the charts, and she was yet to even have released a full album. Critics were calling her yet to be made freshman album one of the most anticipated albums of the year - and her manager had declared that a November release was their ideal time frame.

"It's been great! I've loved every second of it and I can't wait to be able to finally tour by myself soon. I honestly can't thank Adele and her team enough for sharing the experience with me!"

Adrian and Riven both gave her a thumbs up from the side of the room, proud that she was praising Adele rather than making it about her. They didn't want her to be perceived as ungrateful at all for the opportunity, especially not with the press that was surrounding her and her best friend.

"We saw a few of your friends came out to a few dates in support - one notable one being Gigi Hadid even posting a little Instagram story of her backstage! Obviously you've got quite a lot of big name friends such as Camila Cabello, Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift too - have they all been supportive of your touring?"

Leia's smile twitched slightly at the mention of Taylor's name and Riven furrowed his eyebrows as she awaited the girls response. He wasn't sure what she was going to say.

—-

"Hey Andrea, I know I keep calling but she won't answer any of my calls and I'm worried about her," Leia spoke into the phone, surrounded by clothes as she tried to finish packing for the month long tour. She had no idea what you even pack for a tour, but she was going to assume it was like a large extended working holiday.

Leia hummed as she listened to Taylor's mom's response before letting her smile drop into a disheartened frown once more.

"That's fine, just let her know I'm still here for her. Thanks Andrea."

The line went dead.

____

"They were all really great about it! Obviously everyone has their own commitments so couldn't all make it out to see me but I'm so grateful to even have them all in my life! They've all been doing this fame thing a lot longer than I have too so they're really helpful at keeping me grounded - especially Selena since she's probably been in the business the longest out of us all."

"It's good you got to catch up with her on the road, didn't you? We saw some of the backstage videos of the two of you goofing around and playing with Tate - Leia's dog for all listeners who aren't avid fans - during time off!"

___

"How is she?" Leia asked Selena as they sat in the hotel room, Tate lounging across the older girls legs as they both ate the sushi that Leia's manager had dropped off for them. She had just completed her second night of supporting Adele and while she was incredibly tired, she was desperate to get a catch up with her friend while she was in town.