Chapter 4: Acropolis

"So you're saying that you know this mask-wearing cult?" Saito said inspecting his makeshift-bladed weapon and twirling it around before placing it back into its leather sheath. 

"If he did know about this Hokey Cokey religious lots, then why didn't he squeaked more about them during the briefing with Adelle when he got the chance," Jack replied stretching his bowstring, testing its efficiency. 

"Because I know this cult more than Adelle could know," I said lacing on my worn combat boots. "Besides, I can't fully trust her with the information I have." 

"Oh, Really? Because I have no recollection of you talking about these people Sai, or are they that important enough for you to pull a deceitful move on us to fulfill your own goal like Richtofen always does." 

"No Jack, I am not pulling any strings or holding the truth behind yours or anyone's back," I snapped back to him. "You wouldn't comprehend what these people want or desire." 

"Well just saying Saisho, not that I hate you for good reasons too long to list but because I can't stand your damn attitude whenever I'm around you, it hampers the nicer things of you besides making you look like an arse, just saying," Jack shrugged causing Erik and Saito to snort. 

"Yeah, yeah thanks for the comment, Jack. The next time you want to run your mouth be sure to know where to say them like how you use that piece of stick you call a bow." I jabbed back. 

       Finishing prepping our gear and weapons, the four of us made our way outside the mansion that we now reside in along with Adelle. The mansion was built with a Victorian-era design as the entire housing was in pitch-blacked color, sticking out like a sore thumb upon the snowy white mountain on which the mansion is positioned. Saito once asked why would the mansion be built in such a cold place that would leave him shivering in the night, to which the fallen angel dressed maiden simply said exactly why no one would want to come here and find her in this desolate cold peak along with it being impractical to even be found by others. 

        She mentioned that there were lots of abandoned stations in this area along with research facilities and a satellite relay station residing along this mountain built during the Cold War but were destroyed by a small group of men using crossbows and was left desolated with one research facility still remaining intact. Adelle laughed and bragged at the fact that they never destroyed this mansion as well as being hidden from everyone. As much as Adelle likes to brag about her mansion, she has absolutely nothing interesting to do in her large housing, causing her to be bored most of the time alone. 

       Moving away from the mansion as it fades from our view, we reached over to the cliffside of the mountain where we were departing to. As the four of us arrived at the cliff, I fished through my pockets to find the device as Jack's breathing became heavy, through his facemask and goggles. 

"What's the matter, Jack? Fear of heights kicking in?" Saito asked coyly as a smirk formed behind his mask. 

"Keep talking like that Saito and you're going to fear me for your entire life," Jack muttered back drawing in another audible breathe of air. 

"Hey Chill out Robin Hood, I was just asking, nothing more," Saito defended himself. "Though I never saw you this scared before when we were finding the Tower of Babble in Shanghai." 

"Saito can you please stop antagonizing Jack for a moment please," Erik spoken between the two. 

"Oh God, you're taking his side, Erik? Jesus Christ, it feels like everyone is ganging up on me sometimes." 

"I'm not defending Jack, I just want both of you to be quiet and focus on this. Are you ready Saisho?" Erik asked crossing his arms. 

"Just give me a second. Come on, I thought I put it in this pocket, or was it somewhere else in your bag?" I muttered to myself scrounging and looking through every compartment in my backpack until my fingers brushed against two things I was looking for.