Chapter 3

*Underline* is in English.

Y/n POV:

~9 am (22 hours left)~

"Sorry folks. We're experiencing a patch of rough air. Please keep your seat belts on until the seat belt sign has been switched off," the captain's voice says over the speakers. Since my headphones had slide off my head, I heard every word. My eyes flutter open as I tiredly groan.

'Why did he have to wake me up,' I think as I prepare to stretch my body out. However, feeling a heavy weight on my shoulder, I immediately stop moving. Slowly turning my head to the left, my eyes widen at the sight of white hair. Gently leaning forward, I see that my rowmate had been leaning his head on my shoulder while his legs rested in the spot where there was supposed to be another passenger. He wasn't exactly laying across the seats, but he took up most of the row due to his height.

"Uhhh..." I quietly whisper to myself as I lean back into my seat. I truly had no idea what to do; one part of me said to shake him awake, while another louder one said to leave him be. However, my mind was immediately made up once I felt him snuggle closer into me.

'Ohoho! Seems like Mr. Stoic has a cuddly side,' I think a smirk makes its way to my face, failing to hide my red cheeks. Hearing a tired groan come from him, quickly followed by him shifting, I lean my head against my pillow and close my eyes. 'Yeah, there's no way in hell he's gonna catch me looking at him while he's sleeping.' I soon feel his head move off me and the armrest in between us being placed back down. 'Well now, I kinda miss him,' I think as I decide to wake up again.

"Mmmm..." I hum out as I open my eyes and stretch out my limbs. Removing my headphones from around my neck, I place them in my lap and put the pillow back on the floor. As I stretch my neck out, I look over the man next to me and see him looking back at me. His bangs were flattened against the side of his face while more strands of hair seemed to have called out of his bun. "What time is it?" I ask him as I stare back into his eyes, not wanting to lose the unspoken staring contest.

He blinks before looking at the screen on the seat in front of him. "9:03. 22 hours to go," he yawns out before he places his head on the headrest. While he closes his eyes once again, I rub mine as I stare at the screen in front of me.

'Might as well watch something,' I think as I plug my headphones into the armrest and start to scroll through the available anime. '22 hours will take so long,' is my final thought before I pick a random show and start to binge-watch it, not paying attention to the time as each episode concludes and a new one begins.

-------

~12 pm (19 hours left)~

My grumbling stomach shakes me out of my binging state. I pause my show as I lean forward and place my mouth in between the seats. "I'm hungry," I whisper to my father, making him jump in his seat.

"What do you expect me to do? You bought a bunch of food at the food court. Eat that," my father tells me, irritation clear in his voice. I smirk as I lean back into my seat, my plan to annoy the shit out of my parents commencing. There was no real reason to do it other than boredom, which seemed like a perfectly logical reason.

Pulling out my bag, I open the zipper and pull out one of the many breakfast sandwiches I had bought. For some reason, airport food always tasted better than if it was just purchased at a normal restaurant. 'Maybe 'cause of the jacked-up prices,' I think as I unwrapped my cold sandwich and start to shove it in my mouth. 'Oh, yeah. This shit tastes good,' I think as I savour the egg, cheese, bacon, and sausage in my mouth.