Chapter 12

Y/n POV:

Ding! Ding!

Ding! Ding!

Ding! Ding!

Ding! Ding!

'And now to work off my debt,' I think as I stand out of my chair, quickly followed by my classmates Without hesitation, I turn around and bend down as I reach for my locker. 'Of course, he had to put my locker on the bottom,' I curse as I hastily open the locker, grab my bag, and throw it over my shoulder. Pulling out my board, I tuck it under my armpit as I slam the locker door shut. I began to feel squished against some of the students as more and more of them walked towards their lockers. Squeezing past them, I walked out of the classroom and down the hallway.

'Does Oka want me to come right now or later? 'I question as I pull my phone out of my pocket. Scrolling through my contacts, my eyes suddenly stop at a familiar stranger's name. 'Iwa-chan/ Iwai/ Stranger on Plane.' My lips turn upwards as I scroll past the number and click on Oka's contact. 'I'll message Mr. Stoic later,' I think as I type in my message to Oka.

Irresponsible Teenager

Did you want me to come in now?

Like to work?

Am I even making sense?

Sent

'Now let's hope I don't have to do an interview,' I think as I shove my phone in my pocket and push open the door at the front of the school. Within a minute of walking, I reach the end of the schoolyard, passing many students as they exited the school as well. I turned down the street and started to head in the direction of the skate shop. As I got further and further away from the school, I saw fewer and fewer people. Despite this, I had a feeling that I was being followed. Just as I was about to look behind me, I hear a quiet ding. Pulling my phone back out, I see that Oka had messaged me back.

Manager Man with Dog

Now would be best

I still need to go over your application, so you might not even hang around for that long

You should probably get introduced to Reki too

Y'know? The redhead?

The one who wiped out?

Irresponsible Teenager

I know the one

You're gonna tell me as well, right?

About last night

The thing

Manager Man with Dog

Yeah

Just come in

Read

"Will do, Manager Man," I say to myself as I tuck my phone away once more. Just like before, I had the strangest feeling that someone was following me. I sharply turn my head to look over my shoulder, expecting it to be some creepy old dude. To my surprise, it was the redhead Oka was talking about. He was about 10 feet behind me and seemed to be walking in the same direction that I was. "Hey, Broken Boy! Going to work?" I shout at Reki as I stop walking and turn around to face him. His eyes widen as he stops walking as well.