Two

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, evac anyone south of Forty-third Street, notify first responders," Tony instructed as we cautiously approached the ship.

Stephen maneuvered his hands, blasting the Winds of Watoomb over the street and clearing the dust. I blinked a few times as the wind died down and witnessed Stephen give Tony an exaggerated wink. Tony's face contorted in begrudging amusement before turning away with a shake of his head.

A beam shot down from the ship as we grew closer. Only two forms appeared. One was tall and lean, obviously the one in charge here. The other was enormous and scaly, roughly the size of the hulk. He carried a large hammer looking weapon. Neither of them was Thanos.

"Hear me and rejoice. You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful, that your meaningless lives are now contributing to-" the gangly one tried to speak but was interrupted by Tony.

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today! You better pack it up and get outta here."

The alien fixed his gaze on Stephen and addressed him specifically, "Stone keeper- Does this chattering animal speak for you?"

"Certainly not. I speak for myself," Stephen replied firmly, his shields forming in front of him again, "But you're trespassing in this city and on this planet."

"It means get lost, Squidward!" Tony called, not backing down. I stifled a laugh and pressed my lips together, glancing back at Bruce and Wong. Bruce seemed slightly amused, Wong however, not so much.

"He exhausts me," the alien spoke to his companion, "Bring me the stone."

The beast muttered something and dropped his weapon, dragging it across the ground as he walked toward us slowly. I stepped forward, blocking Bruce from him.

"Banner, you want a piece?" Tony chirped, looking at Bruce expectantly. I threw him a disbelieving look.

"No, not really, but when do I ever get what I want?" he muttered, rolling his neck.

"Are you sure that's such a good idea? He just faced Thanos," I hissed at Tony. He rolled his eyes and his mouth quirked up as he gave me a pointed look.

"He's got this."

Bruce did not seem to have it. He was straining, his neck only turning green for a few seconds before it turned back again. He grunted in concentration.

"Been a while. Good to have you, buddy," Tony whispered.

"I just... I need to concentrate here for one second. Come on, come on, man," Bruce shushed him, still trying to turn. He bent back, his neck and face bulging from the effort. It looked almost painful.

"Where's your guy?"

"I don't know. We've sorta been havin' a thing."

"There's no time for a thing."

"I know."

Tony pointed at the alien brute who was considerably closer, smashing things out of the way as he went, "That's the thing right there. Let's go."

Stephen turned wide-eyed to Tony and me, clearly judging whatever was going on right now. I couldn't say I blamed him. Tony saw this and tilted his head back to Bruce.

"Dude, you're embarrassing me in front of the wizards."

"Tony, I'm sorry," Bruce stammered, giving up on trying to Hulk out, "Either I can't, or he won't-"

"It's okay, Bruce," I assured him as he backed up.

"Watch him," Tony nodded at Wong. He gave a single nod in understanding.