Mr and Mrs

I adjusted my skirt, spreading it out around me nervously as we waited. Natasha darted over, swatting my hands away with a hard glare.

"That's my job," she reminded me, finishing what I had started. Any moment now we'd be walking outside and down the aisle.

Natasha and Tony had managed to pull together a wedding ceremony in a matter of months. I didn't want to be waddling at my own wedding, so they had gone to work immediately. Tony just loved any reason to plan an extravagant party. This was no exception.

"I know," I told her, peeking out the window, "I'm just nervous. I don't know why."

"It's normal," she shrugged, backing off when she was satisfied with the dress. Wanda came around the corner with our bouquets and handed one to both of us. I took it from her graciously and she grinned as she took me in, something I hadn't seen much of lately.

"You look beautiful," she gushed, moving in for a hug. I kissed her cheek and she stepped back, adjusting her own gown, the silver material swishing as she moved it. They both looked gorgeous in their attire. The colors we had picked were perfect for our winter wedding. Dusty blue and silver, accented with a soft green.

My own gown was a soft blue and white, with long, transparent sleeves. It had a plunging sweetheart neckline, the same transparent material reaching the base of my neck. There were detailed white branches and snowflakes elegantly placed all over the dress. It was perfect. The only accessory I wore that Natasha had insisted upon was a headpiece that was woven into my hair.

Tony came into the room beaming. In his hands was a box, wrapped in shiny wrapping paper. I cocked a brow at him and shook my head.

"You know it's about to begin," I reminded him.

"I know, but you kinda need this. It's the only gift I knew you'd want," he smiled. He handed me the box, and I opened it, casting a curious look his way. I gasped when I saw what was inside.

I pulled out the lace piece and held it delicately in my hands, Wanda taking the box from me. Tears pricked my eyes and I laughed excitedly. It was my mother's bridal cape veil. I hadn't known Tony had even had it.

"I've been saving that for a while now. It took you long enough to get married," he quipped. I rolled my eyes as Natasha helped fasten it in place, fluffing the long train out.

I threw my arms around him, trying not to cry at the touching gift. He was right, this would be the only thing I'd want. It was amazing.

"Thank you, Tony."

"I knew mom would want you to have it. You look just as beautiful as she did," he told me, his own eyes misty with unshed tears. Bucky and Sam appeared, Morgan in tow. I grinned at her as she ran up to me excitedly.

"Don't you look like the most beautiful princess to ever be seen?" I cried, making her giggle in amusement. She twirled around, her skirts flying for our entertainment; some of the petals in her basket went flying as she did. She beamed as everyone laughed.

"Careful, Maguna- you'll lose it all," Tony chuckled, steadying her as she came to a halt. Sam moved in for a hug; we had only minutes until the ceremony started.

"You look amazing, Mel," he told me, flashing his teeth as we pulled apart.

"Thank you, Sam."

Bucky cleared his throat, and I reached for him too. He had moved in with us due to Steve and my's insisting. It had been good for him. We didn't want him to be alone. He was our family too.

"I'm so happy for you two," he murmured as we briefly embraced, "You two deserve the world."

"So do you," I reminded him, wiggly my eyebrows and tilting my head toward Natasha. He snorted in exasperation and stepped away. I had been trying to get him to ask Nat out, but I'd gotten nowhere so far. I was sure they'd be great together. They were just taking their sweet time about it.