Chapter 8: Princesses' Disappearance

In the morning, Desmond unlocked the door of the princess's room as he reported to his duchess. "Nobody came or left, my lady." 

Rowena walked past Desmond but then she found no princesses sleeping in bed. "Desmond, get in here." Desmond came inside and was shocked as all the princesses were gone. 

"Do you see any princesses?" She raised her voice in anger. 

"Well, uh..."

"Neither do I!" she said. 

"But I never left the door." he explained. 

"Are you telling me they just vanished into thin air? Find them!" 

Brutus made a funny face at him as he tried to hit him, he immediately jumped out and followed her, leaving Desmond to search for the princesses.

.

.

.

Derek had just arrived at the castle. He looked at the sky which was already evening as he wished to return the goblet to you so he could spend time talking with you. He wished to meet you as soon as possible to see your beautiful face and dance in every second.

.

.

.

The royal doctor walked out of the king's bedroom after he checked the king's health. "The poor man. He's never been the same since his Isabella passed away." Rowena told the lie to him to make him oblivious about the king's health. 

"Ah, yes. A broken heart. Well, I should've realized. In that case, medicine can't help him." He kept the elixir back in his bag.

"That's what I was afraid of." said Rowena in a fake sad voice. 

"Now, now. Don't give up hope, Your Grace. I'll check in tomorrow." The royal doctor said. 

"Yes, please do."

.

.

.

Derek walked to the entrance door with Felix on his shoulder. He saw the royal doctor walk out as the royal messenger was about to close the door. "Hello, sir. May I see Princess (Y/N)?"

"Haven't you heard? The princesses are missing." the royal messenger said, shocking him deeply. 

"Missing?"

"This cannot be good." said Felix. 

"I heard Duchess Rowena say they've run away." 

Suddenly, he got pulled away as Desmond came to speak with him instead. "You, cobbler. We don't need you today."

"But I need to see Princess (Y/N)." Derek tried to tell him but Desmond still insisted. 

"I said, be gone!" 

He then closed the door loudly. As Derek was gonna give up hope, his gaze landed on the princess's bedroom. "Tell me you're going to leave." warned Felix as he knew what his master was thinking. 

"Eventually. Princess (Y/N) would never run away like that. They may just don't want me to see her and the princesses."

He then went to hide somewhere until nighttime to sneak into the princesses' bedroom.

.

.

.