Chapter 10: The Power of Twelve

You and Derek landed on the ground, you looked away as he gently dropped you down. You looked around as you found yourself in your mother's pavilion. All the others started to come out. 

"Mother's dance pavilion?" You mumbled.

"I'm not surprised it leads here." You looked behind as the magic gateway closed in forever. 

"I'll miss going there." Courtney said mournfully. 

"We all will." agreed Fallon.

"Let's find Papa." You turned to Derek as you both went to find your father, but you overheard the guards talking to each other about the sudden change during your gone. 

"Queen Rowena has given us orders." 

You all stopped on your track as you breathed out in shock to Derek. "Queen?!" You went and hid behind the bushes to eavesdropping the guards. 

"Capture the princesses and throw them in the dungeon. But if you find Princess (Y/N), bring her to the queen instantly."

"And the king?"

"He's sick and won't last the night." He replied before they both rid the horses away. 

"How did this happen? And how is she after me?!" You murmured panickily, Derek sensed your panic as he patted your back, trying to calm you down. 

"Did they just say Papa was ill?" Ashlyn questioned.

"We have to save him." Edeline said as the others came up to you. 

"What about Desmond?"

"And all the new guards?" said Blair. 

"And if Rowena is queen and after you..." said Courtney as she grew worried about you who was the main target. 

You frowned sadly as you tried to think how to get to your father and defeat Rowena for good. You looked at all your sisters as you then knew what to do. "Even though Rowena is the queen with guards and Desmond, we still have something Rowena doesn't. The power of twelve." You gestured to all of them as they hummed with agreement.

"What are we? Invisible?" Felix murmured, Derek facepalmed with annoyance. 

"Both of you too." You reached your hands to him as Derek felt embarrassed of his pet. 

"Oh, right."

.

.

.

All guards stood in their positions before they wandered around to keep the castle secure. One of them riding a horse in a close space. Blair nodded to Courtney who taunted the rope, making the guard fall off the horse. 

"I'll bring the doctor as fast as I can." Blair said before she hopped on it as the guard shouted behind to come back.

.

.

.

"To the left. Left. Left." Rowena ordered Desmond who was moving the portrait of her. "My left. Yes. Now straighten it. Much better." 

She smiled with delight before she walked away as the portrait of Queen Isabella was replaced by her portrait.

.

.

.

You peeked from the bushes and you saw two guards at the door. You gave the signal to Delia and Edeline, they nodded as they dropped the ball on the ground before hitting them with the mallets. The ball hit the guards' heads and it made both of them trip on the stairs. 

Two more of them noticed them before they both saw two princesses far away. "We're here!"

"Hey. Hey, you! Halt!" The guards quickly sprinted to arrest them. You nodded to the twins as they nodded at each other. Delia and Edeline ran past them as the guards turned their attention to the twins instead.

You nudged Derek as you rushed ahead, behind you were Derek, Ashley, Fallon, Twyla, Felix, and Courtney. You quickly opened the door and went inside. Derek let the princesses go first before he went and closed the door.

The twins then tried to walk away as the guards walked on the walls. The twins suddenly stopped as they crossed arms with a mischievous smirk. The guard on the front stopped his track but his friend bumped into him, making them fall to the bushes. It appeared that the twins were wearing the stilts as they pretended to walk on the wall.

.

.

.

"Cousin, I have your tea." Rowena called as she pushed the cart inside. Desmond closed the door as he guarded the door. 

"Oh, Desmond!" He then saw you waving to him at the end of the hallway. 

"Hey! Come here!" He yelled before he ran towards you. You took a deep breath before you quickly went to the basement. You quickly sped up as you reached the basement's ground.

Derek who hid behind the wall signaled to Courtney as she pushed the cart forward. Derek reached his foot out to trip Desmond, making him fall on the cart, and went straight to the storage room. Ashlyn quickly closed the door as Fallon put the plank to lock him up.

You and the others started to mumble about what to do next as Desmond shouted and tried to break the door.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, the triplets had to stay behind and wait for their sisters to come back. "I wonder what's happening." Janessa asked out of worry. 

Lacey picked up the bottle filled with magic water and said to Janessa. "I think I should give this to (Y/N)."

"But she said stay right here till she gets back." Janessa told her but she didn't listen to it. 

"It can't wait." She frowned with determination as she ran to the door.

"Lacey, no!"