Chapter 1: 12 Princesses

.

.

.

In the beautiful kingdom ruled by King Randolph was listening to the ambassador of Bulovia about the invitation of his daughters to his kingdom. "And so, as chief emissary of the majestic kingdom of Bulovia, which is known for its abundance of pears, potatoes, and peasants, I am authorized by my courageous king and my magnificent queen to hereby invite the princesses of King Randolph to a royal gala. We have invited princesses from far and wide to this extraordinary ball."

The door suddenly opened, causing the ambassador to turn to see three princesses who were triplets rushing to their father.

"Papa, look what I found!" The oldest triplet, Janessa said as she held something in her hand. 

"You won't believe it!" The middle triplet, Kathleen said next as she ran behind her sister. 

The youngest triplet, Lacey rushed behind her sisters as she tried to catch up with them. "Janessa, Kathleen, wait for me!"

"As I was saying..."

"A blue-winged beetle. It makes a strange noise when it..." Janessa opened her hand as the beetle buzzed before it flew off her hand. "See?" 

King Randolph dodged the beetle as it flew to him, his crown slipped off his head before he bowed down to pick the crown. 

"Your majesty, as I was say-... Oh! Ugh!" The beetle flew towards the ambassador as he tried to use his scroll to flick it away. 

"Don't hurt him! Quick, catch him before he gets to the pantry." Janessa and her sisters rushed and followed the beetle as Lacey followed them behind at a slow speed. 

"Slow down, you guys."

Delia and Edeline came through the door as they held the mallets. "Playing through. just be a second, Papa." Edeline said as Delia prepared to hit the ball. 

"Your Highness, I really think perhaps this is not--" 

The balls hit the crown as the king laughed. "Whoa! Delia!"

"Sorry. Too much wrist." Delia apologized to her father before she and Edeline rushed to the ball and played together. 

"Those are your daughters?" The ambassador asked as he looked at the princesses. 

"A few of them." The king replied. 

"Rambunctious, aren't they?"

"Look, Papa!" The ambassador turned around to see the twins, Hadley and Isla standing on stilts, the king and the twins laughed as the ambassador looked at the twins with a frown. 

"Your daughters are hardly proper princesses." The ambassador commented.

"I can't wait for him to meet Harold." Janessa said as she finally caught the beetle and walked to the door with Kathleen but they both crashed toward Hadley and Isla, making the twins fall off the stilts. King Randolph closed his eyes as the princesses giggled happily before Lacey rushed to them.

"Hmph." The ambassador coughed before he said to the king. "Perhaps another ball. Your Highness." He bowed as a farewell before as he turned away, he commented to the princesses. "Princesses? Huh! More like wild animals."

The king overheard what the ambassador said as his face looked down.

.

.