Chapter 2

Elizabeth Swann sat in her wedding dress in the rain, holding her bunch of flowers in her hands. Her best friend and maid of honor sat at her side, holding her tightly, the raindrops falling on the both of them, ruining their dresses. The rain echoed in the teacups, and the wind blew away the music on their stands.

They heard a commotion behind them, and turned to see William Turner in handcuffs being forced towards the girls. Elizabeth dropped her flowers and ran towards her fiancé, (Y/n) following closely behind.

"Will!" Elizabeth gasped, stopping in front of him and grasping his collar. "Why is this happening?"

"I don't know." he answered truthfully. He looked at Elizabeth and said, "You look beautiful." The poor girl managed a small smile, not wanting to leave his side.

"I think it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding." Elizabeth said, holding in her tears.

"Make way! Let us through!" Governor Swann shouted through the crowd of people watching, Thomas behind him. They looked to a cloaked man who stood in front of the crowd. "How dare you! Stand your men down at once! Do you hear me?"

The man turned around, and gave his cloak to the soldier beside him. "Governor Weatherby Swann, it's been too long." he said.

"Cutler Beckett?" Swann asked.

"It's Lord now, actually." Beckett corrected.

"Lord or not, you have no reason and no authority to arrest this man." Swann stated.

"In fact, I do. Mr. Mercer?" Beckett called, and an older man with a malicious face walked up and opened a leather case, holding it out to the short man. He pulled out a piece of paper, brandishing it to Governor Swann. "The warrant for the arrest of one William Turner."

Governor Swann took the warrant and read it, but looked between those standing before him, confused. "This warrant is for Elizabeth Swann."

"Is it? That's annoying, My mistake. Arrest her." Beckett called.

"On what charges?!" Elizabeth demanded, only for Beckett to pull out two more pieces of paper.

"Aha. Here's the one for William Turner, but I also have one here for Miss (Y/n) Rogers. Arrest her as well."

"Hey!" (Y/n) shouted as one of the red coats grabbed her roughly, binding her hands.

"No! Please!" Thomas cried, only to be restrained by two guards.

"And I have another one for a Mr. James Norrington. Is he present?" Beckett called out, pulling out one last warrant.

"What are the charges!?" (Y/n) shouted at him as she was moved next to Elizabeth and Will. Beckett still gave no answer to the question.

"Commodore Norrington resigned his commission some months ago." Governor Swann said.

"I don't believe that was the answer to the question I asked." Beckett said, turning to the Governor.

"Lord Beckett!" Will called, and he turned to face the man. "In the category of questions not answered..."

"We are under the jurisdiction of the king's governor of Port Royal, and you will tell us what we are charged with." Elizabeth demanded formally.

"The charge..." Governor Swann started, "is 'conspiring to set free a man convicted of crimes against the Crown and Empire and condemned to death, for which the...'"

"'For which the punishment, regrettably, is also death.'" Beckett finished, no emotion in his face or tone.

Jack (Y/n) thought.