Chapter 6

They anchored the ship next to an island where the sea came in and turned into a river far enough in. Jack called for everyone to get on the boats, and (Y/n) joined in with Will on one. As they went deeper into the forest, they noticed some people watching them from the sides, little huts that peek out if you look for them.

As they floated down the river, (Y/n) looked forwards to see Jack looking at her as she sat next to Will. She saw him glaring at Will, jealousy in his eyes, for whatever reason, then looked to see (Y/n) glancing at him, so he quickly turned his head the other way, now looking downstream.

"What is it that has Jack spooked?" Will asked, snapping (Y/n) out of her daze.

"Jack has run afoul with none other than Davy Jones himself. Figures he's only safe on dry land, and if he ventures out into open waters, he'll be taken." Gibbs answered.

"Taken?"

"Aye."

"By Davy Jones?" Will asked, skeptical.

"Well, if you believe such things, there's a beast does the bidding of Davy Jones. A fearsome creature with giant tentacles that'll suction your face clean off, and drag an entire ship down to the crushing darkness... the Kraken. They say it's breath is... oohh..." Gibbs shuttered at the thought of it, obviously terrified. "Imagine, the last thing you know on God's green earth is the roar of the Kraken, and the reeking odor of a thousand rotting corpses." Gibbs looked at the horror-struck faces in the boat. "If ye believe such things."

"I never thought Jack the type to be afraid of dying." (Y/n) stated, looking back at the pirate in question.

"Aye, but with Jones, it ain't about the dyin. It's about the punishment." Gibbs looked them in the eye. "Think of the worst fate you could conjure up for yeself stretching on and on and on forever. Well, that's what awaits you in Davy Jones's Locker.

"And the key will spare him that?" Will asked.

Gibbs tilted his head in question. "Well, that's the very question Jack wants answered. Bad enough even to go visit... her."

(Y/n) lifted her eyebrow questioningly, wondering who this 'her' was.

"Her?" Will voiced her thoughts.

"Aye." Gibbs gave a faraway look.

Soon, it became dark, and at the end of the river they say another hut, this one larger than the others. It was surrounded by fireflies that lit up around (Y/n). She reached up to touch one, and it landed on her finger, glowing in the dark. It climbed down her hand and went around to her palm, before lifting its wings and flying up again. She gave a light smile as the boat docked next to a ladder.

"No worries, mates. Tia Dalma and I go way back." Jack stated. "Thick as thieves. Nigh inseparable we are... were... have been....... before." Jack trailed off, and looked back to (Y/n) again.

"I'll watch your back." Gibbs said, Will and (Y/n) next to him.

"It's me front I'm worried about." Jack muttered, and the girl let out a huff as he walked inside.

"Mind the boat." Gibbs said to Will and (Y/n).

"Mind the boat." they passed to Ragetti.

"Mind the boat." he said to Pintel.

"Mind the boat." Pintel said to Marty.

"Mind the boat." he said to Cotton, and Zazu flew into the hut, squawking 'Mind the boat', leaving poor Cotton alone to mind the boat.

Jack peaked in through the window that sat in the door, seeing the albino boa sitting on a tree inside. He opened the door, and the woman inside looked up from what she was doing.