Chapter 3

(Y/n) and Will ran back to the prison to see Elizabeth. The Governor gave them access into Elizabeth's cell, and they ran down the stairs, Governor Swann following.

"Here, now, you can't be here!" the guard said.

"I think you'll find they can." Swann corrected him as Will and (Y/n) ran to Elizabeth's cell and spoke to her about the deal Beckett made with them.

"Mr. Swann!"

"Governor Swann, still. Do you think I wear this wig to keep my head warm?"

"Jack's compass?" Elizabeth asked. "What does Beckett want with that?"

"Does it matter? We're to find Jack and convince him to return to Port Royal. In exchange the charges against us will be dropped." Will said.

"No. We must find our own avenue to secure your freedom." Swann interrupted.

"Is that a lack of faith in Jack or us?" (Y/n) asked her like-father.

"That you would risk your life to save Sparrow's does not mean he would do the same for anyone else." Swann insisted. "Now, where is that dog with the keys?"

"(Y/n), why is it Beckett wants you to go?" Elizabeth asked her friend.

"He thinks I have some sort of influence over Jack due to our... history... and his own influence over me." (Y/n) said, giving Elizabeth all she needed to know.

"That bastard would use such..." Elizabeth cut herself off and grabbed (Y/n)'s hand. "I know you'll be all right."

(Y/n) nodded, and looked between the two of them, giving Will a moment with his fiancé.

"I have faith in you both." Elizabeth said. "Where will you find him?"

"Tortuga. We'll search there and we won't stop till we find him. And then I intend to return here to marry you." Will said.

"Properly." Elizabeth said, smiling.

"Eagerly, if you'll still have me?"

"If it weren't for these bars, I'd have you already."

The Governor, who was leaning against the wall, broke the candle hanging there in shock. (Y/n) stifled her laughter as he threw the candle on the floor, disgruntled.

"I'll wait for you." Elizabeth promised.

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon." Will whispered, then got up to leave, (Y/n) by his side.

"Wait, Will. There's something I have to do first." (Y/n) said.

Will looked at her, then towards the direction of her house where Thomas was. He understood immediately, and nodded. "I'll meet you at the docks, then." (Y/n) nodded back, and ran off to go break any ties she had to Port Royal.

Opening her door, and shouted, "Thomas! Thomas, I need to speak with you."

He came running down the stairs, worried. "(Y/n)! What is it? What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry. I can't do this. With you." she said. "I can't marry you, Thomas."

The dark haired man looked at the woman in front of him, understanding. He walked forward and grabbed her hands gently. A tear fell down her eye. Thomas wiped it away, knowing it was in not wanting to hurt him.

"I understand, (Y/n). You do not love me." He said softly. "You love the pirate."

"I..." she had nothing to say. Thomas read her like a book.

"History and old feelings have a way of showing themselves somehow." Thomas continued.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you. I just can't marry a man I don't love."