People who are keeping a low profile don't use the valet

Once Y/N was packed the trio hurried to the car so they could get to the prison and talk to Zemo. They hadn't thought to use the valet so the car was parked a few blocks away. It was a nice brisk walk for two super soldiers. Even nicer for Y/N because Bucky was carrying her bags. But Sam was rolling his eyes as they strolled down the sidewalk.

"Man why didn't I know there was a valet?" He asked.

Bucky chuckled, "people who are keeping a low profile don't use the valet, Sam."

Finally they had arrived at the car. Sam got in the front seat and Bucky opened the passenger door for Y/N. He put her bags in the trunk and then climbed into the backseat.

Sam thought that was peculiar because Bucky usually preferred to ride shotgun. Maybe he liked this girl. Or maybe he was just being a gentleman. He grew up in a different era after all.

"Hey, Y/N. Could you move your seat up a bit?" He asked.

She leaned down to find the lever on the seat and mumbled, "Yeah sure no problem, Buck." He glanced at Sam and gave him a look. Y/N wondered what it was about.

She brushed it off, not worth asking. She operated on a need to know basis. All she needed to know now was that they were going to meet a dangerous and manipulative man who had once been able to control her friend Bucky's mind. That being said, she needed to know the plan. She turned around and looked over the seat to talk to Bucky. "So what's the plan?" She asked.

Sam rolled his eyes "Why can't I be the plan guy, I'm a better plan guy than robobitch over here," he mumbled.

Bucky and Y/N looked over at him. "Literally what do you know about her skill set at all? Tell me one thing?" Bucky asked him.

"How did you even hear that," Sam replied.

"Super hearing," both of the super soldiers answered.

"Anyways, how are you going to make a plan when you don't even know what 1/3 of your team is working with." Bucky might not have snapped at that any other time but he was tired. Because he hadn't been sleeping well lately but also because he had the two people who got on his nerves the most in one car and he was about to go see the guy who literally mind controlled him.

He didn't want to see Zemo not because he was worried about himself but because he was worried about them. His mind had been mostly fixed when he was in Wakanda. Zemo's little trick wouldn't work on him.

But he worried that Zemo would find a way to manipulate his only two friends and turn them against him. He couldn't handle losing anyone else. So he needed to think of a way to keep everyone safe.

Now that Bucky was thinking about it he was not the plan guy at all. He was used to working solo, but he had to prove he could come up with a plan so Sam wouldn't make fun of him. "So um Y/N you could do your thing that you do," Bucky mumbled.

Y/N looked at him like he was speaking another language. "...kill...him?" She asked, very drawn out. As if she wasn't sure if it was a stupid question or not.

Bucky shook his head and blushed "no no. That other thing you do where you um. You are... like very pretty and nice and then people do what you want. Because you're a lady."

She giggled and turned back around. "So you want me to seduce him? Got it, that I can do. From the stories Steve told me I thought you knew how to talk to a woman back in the day," she opened the mirror in the sun visor so she could look at him through it.

"Things are different now, there weren't any women like you back then," he replied.

She laughed again and said, "Bucky, there aren't any women like me now."

The rest of the car ride to the airport and the flight were mostly silent other than the occasional rustling of Y/N unwrapping her strawberry candies.

This was a nice change for Bucky, he liked the quiet. Sam was not as much of a fan of the silence but he also didn't mind. It gave him time to analyze the strange woman.

From what he could gather she had a very short temper. Unlike Bucky who went from emotionless to angry, she would go from happy to angry at the drop of a hat. He wondered if their temperament had anything to do with the super soldier serum.

He still didn't believe that the girl sitting next to him staring out the plane window and eating strawberry candies could be a killer, but he had seen stranger things. Bucky seemed to be afraid of her, or at least he respected her. And if Bucky was afraid of her she clearly wasn't someone you wanted to mess with.

They eventually arrived at the prison. Bucky was fidgeting with his hands in his lap as they drove through the gate. Y/N noticed this and reached back to squeeze his hand. She knew what he had been through and even though she wanted to help she was unsure if this was worth it.

She also wanted to hate Zemo but the more the thought about his story she just felt bad for him. Obviously her moral compass was a bit skewed from all the murdering she had done, but she wanted to believe that he would help them. And that maybe he could be changed.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" Sam asked as they walked through the halls of the prison.

She shook her head and looked at him and then she stopped for a moment. "I don't know, this Zemo guy is pretty bad right? But I mean how is he any worse than me or Bucky. We killed people but Steve gave us a second chance. Maybe we should keep an open mind."

Sam put a hand on her shoulder tentatively. He knew if she was anything like Bucky she wouldn't respond well to sudden movements. "You and Bucky were being brainwashed, this guy chose to do all those awful things," he said trying to comfort her. Not knowing it would only make things worse.

"Bucky was, not me," she said quickly and quietly.

Sam was confused "What do you mean?" He asked.

She sighed "Bucky was brainwashed, not me. I was conscious for all of it."

Sam looked shocked. He began to speak but Bucky shook his head. Then they arrived at Zemo's cell.

Before they went in she grabbed Bucky's hand. "Are you okay?" She asked. He nodded and they walked in.

A/N SORRY I LIED NO ZEMO UNTIL CHAPTER THREE. THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE A REALLY LONG CHAPTER TO GET EVERYTHING I WANTED TO INCLUDE AND ITS 3:30 and I'm so tired sry babes. Lots of Zemo next chapter I promise 😏 I had to rewrite a bit of this chapter because I realized they were going to Germany and they never took a plane so I changed it a little lmaoooo.