I don't usually cuddle my prisoners

This chapter has a little bit of angst because I had too. Its fluffy angst thou. Sort of like a hurt comfort thing. Also I have one thing to say LET MEN CRY. Men get sad too and they cry and that's okay. I'm running for president and my platform is just going to be advocating for the normalization of men being emotional. I would like to thank my ex boyfriend for helping me write part of this chapter. He's a saint and I'm sure he's tired of my bullshit. Jk I'm the best, everyone loves me. But for context he has a very vague grasp on what fanfiction actually is. Also this chapter  is not edited at all because I wanted to get it out tonight and my computer is about to die. 

Y/N hurried to the gym, wanting to do something to get Zemo off her mind as soon as possible. But after a few hours of working out she realized the plan wasn't going to work. Her thoughts were consumed by him. There was a semi-cute guy at the gym she flirted with for a while. She was mostly just annoyed that he kept asking to spot her.

Being smart, Y/N tried to be mostly inconspicuous about her powers. That's why she usually worked out so late. But because there was someone else there she decided to do stamina training rather than strength, because it was easier to conceal as normal.

After hours of working out non stop her muscles finally began to become sore. The man who was there earlier had left. Y/N's mind started to be filled with hushed screams and a terrible feeling of fear. She heard Zemo calling for her.

Her reaction to this was to hastily leave the gym, rushing up the stairs to her room rather than waste time on the elevator. Within seconds she was unlocking the door and walking inside, carefully grabbing a gun from under a table near the door.

She slowly crept into the living room, holding the gun in front of her. She was relieved to realize there was no one in the living room but Zemo. She however was not relieved to notice him thrashing around and crying on the couch.

Y/N clicked the safety on and set her gun on the floor, stepping towards the man. She climbed on top of his and clutched his arms, trying to steady him until he woke up. When Bucky would get nightmares she used to just have to wait for him to wake up because she couldn't realistically restrain him. Luckily Zemo was not a super soldier, so she easily held him still.

After a few moments, he stopped jerking around and his eyes flew open. In a moment of fear and confusion his survival instincts kicked in. Still partially asleep, he grabbed her waist and flipped their positions so she was lying under him.

She usually would have easily been able to resist him, because he was so much weaker than her. However, this time she had underestimated how quick he would be when he had just woken up.

"Shhh calm down, it's just me. You're safe, you were just having a nightmare but it's okay now," she calmly explained, reaching a hand up to stroke the side of his face.

Once he noticed it was just her his fear turned into sadness. His arms buckled underneath him and he rested his body on hers, sobbing into her neck. She laid there, gently caressing his hair and waiting for him to calm down. She had to remind herself not to fully trust him. But it was so easy to want to protect him. He seemed so sweet and fragile when he was falling apart in her arms.

"Sorry about that," he murmured through tears, trying to make it seem like he was okay.

"Don't be sorry. Tell me what's wrong?" she asked cautiously, wanting to comfort him but also not wanting to overstep her bounds.

He lifted his head to smile at her softly. "Just a nightmare," he replied, reaching a hand over to intertwine with hers.

She gave his hand a comforting squeeze, her other hand still brushing through his messy hair. "Was it about your family?" she questioned.