I promise I don't bite

I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Enjoy my garbage fire brain trying to make words. I wrote half of this chapter at the local library and I think the janitor was reading it over my shoulder. He looked like a Kevin. So Kevin if you're reading this please don't. Also I just noticed how different Y/N and Zemo are about pet names. Because he always calls her love and darling. But the only nicknames she has called him are asshole and idiot. Tbh that's girlboss goals.

"Oh fuck me."

He smirked at her frustration. "Maybe later," he said with a wink, placing a hand on her thigh under the table.

She smacked his hand and mumbled, "You know what I meant, asshole."

His playful expression turned into a pout. "Well now I'm not telling you," he grumbled, referring to the secret he had promised to share.

She shrugged and turned to the waiter that was not standing at the table. "Fine don't tell me then."

He waited patiently for her to order and then he spoke. "Only joking, it's time you knew."

"Okay what is it?" she asked, trying not to seem too desperate for the information he had been holding over her head.

He took a moment to compose himself. He didn't want her to freak out over the information but he knew the longer he kept it from her the easier it would be to just not tell her. And he didn't want to keep secrets from her. "I don't want you to be alarmed but you're not a super soldier."

She rolled her eyes at him. What was he even saying? "Bullshit, I'm super and I'm a soldier that makes me a super soldier," she responded.

He carefully explained, not wanting to agitate her at their nice dinner. "Yes, the difference is your powers don't come from the serum."

This was what confused her. She knew she was born with her powers but she had always been told it was because her parents had taken the serum. "What?"

He continued, "Your powers, you were born with them. They're not from any type of serum. There's a word for it, you're a mutant."

She sat there trying to take in everything he was saying. "I'm not a science person, what does this all mean?" she asked.

He smiled at her confusion. "Your powers are caused by a mutation in your genetics. From what I read you could be capable of more than you ever imagined," he told her.

She finally got a grasp on what he was trying to tell her. It felt like her entire world had been ripped out from under her. But all she could think about was what this meant for them. "Fascinating, thank you for telling me this. Now tell me one more thing, is my power the reason why you wanted me as your partner?" she asked.

He sighed and took her hand. He was committed to being honest to her but he didn't want to hurt her feelings. "Yes and no. I greatly enjoy your company, I wouldn't have recruited you for just your powers. But I cannot lie, it was a factor. But I think there could be more to your power, and I want to help you access it," he explained.

The idea of becoming more powerful terrified her. Something very deep inside of her longed to be normal. And now he was telling her she was even less ordinary than she had previously believed. "Can we talk about this later? I really want to enjoy this dinner and not think about that," she said with a slight quiver in her voice.

He gave her hand a comforting squeeze and replied, "Of course dear, sorry."

There was a moment of awkward slice between the two before Y/N dropped Zemo's hand and started talking again. "God I haven't been out to a nice dinner in so long. How is this even supposed to go," she said, her face heating up at the tension between them.