𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

!! warning: implied manga spoilers !!

A grade two curse was wandering down a dark hallway of an abandoned building. The curse thrilled softly as it moved slowly. Suddenly, a gust of wind went by the curse and it felt a sharp pain in its arm. It shrieked in pain and looked around.

A dark-haired woman was standing at the end of the hallway with her back to the curse. The fingernails on her right hand were covered in blue blood from the curse and there were black markings on her arms, running up to her neck.

She raised her hand slightly and snapped her fingers, "Parasite technique: Corruption." The curse shrieked in agony and exploded from the inside out, splattering blue blood on the walls. The woman turned her head, her eyes glowing a bright red in the darkness.

She walked toward the mess and looked down at a black bug-like creature. She knelt down and picked it up, causing it to squirm in her hands. She tightened her grip on the creature until it popped in her hand, black blood running down her arm.

She watched the blood run down her arm, following the markings. The blood seeped into her skin and her markings disappeared. She sighed, and rolled her fingers, cracking her knuckles. She shook her other hand to get the blue blood off of her hand from the curse.

She reached up and touched the bluetooth in her ear, "This floor's clear. What's your situation, Yashiro?" She asked.

Meanwhile, on the floor below her, Yashiro Shinimi looked over his shoulder at the pile of curse corpses behind him. He touched the bluetooth in his ear, "I'm good here, Ichika. What about you, Satoru?"

"You two should already know the answer to that," Satoru Gojou replied. He was on the floor above Ichika. He was sitting in an office room with his feet up on the desk as he sat, unbothered, in the office chair.

"Answer it anyways, you bastard," Ichika snarled.

"Okay, okay," Satoru said, "I exorcised all the curses on my floor." Satoru chuckled, "She's got a mouth on her. I bet that comes in handy sometimes, huh, Yashiro?"

"Maybe," Yashiro answered.

"You're both disgusting," Ichika cut in, "Why did you even come?"

"To make sure you two don't get... Distracted," Satoru said, moving his feet off of the desk, "It'll set a bad example for your daughter if she finds out missions is how you two get privacy."

"How did you--" Ichika began.

"--Yashiro talks." Satoru interrupted.

"I do not!" Yashiro argued, "He blackmailed me into telling him."

"You extorted my husband!?" Ichika asked, making it to the staircase. At the same time, Satoru reached her level. Ichika scoffed and shook her head at him as she started walking down the stairs.

"It was harmless," Satoru told her, following her down the stairs.

"Harmless, he says," Ichika mumbled sarcastically.

"How is Kaiya by the way?" Satoru asked.

"She's fine," Ichika answered, "We left her with Utahime tonight." The two of them reached the bottom level where Yashiro was waiting for them.

"You two feeling okay?" Satoru asked as he and Ichika regrouped with Yashiro. "No pain or anything, right?"

"Stop talking to me like I'm a pregnant woman," Ichika retorted, "I'm fine. I barely used any cursed energy tonight."