𝐬𝐢𝐱

Megumi moved one foot back and raised his hands to prepare to dodge if Sukuna attacked and to attack Sukuna at the same time. Sukuna, on the other hand, just stood there with his hands in his pockets.

"You just don't get it," Megumi said, "He's... Itadori's coming back. Even if it means he'll die. That's just who he is."

"You give him too much credit," Sukuna replied, "This guy's just a little tougher and denser than other humans," Sukuna used the back of his hand to wipe away the blood that was dripping from the corners of his mouth, "Just a moment ago, he was scared out of his mind, on the verge of death, and prattling on about his regrets and all that nonsense. I know for a fact he doesn't have the guts to kill himself."

Megumi took a closer look at Sukuna and noticed his arm was restored from when he lost it fighting the special grade. Because of that, Megumi figured that Sukuna could use Reverse Cursed Techniques.

Even though he can live without a heart, it should still be damaging to him. Megumi thought to himself. He needed to make Sukuna heal his heart before Itadori could switch out. He needed to make Sukuna believe he couldn't beat him unless he needed his heart.

Megumi's hand began shaking as he thought about it. Can I do that? Megumi asked himself. He began doubting himself when he thought about how he was too scared to move in front of the other special grade.

Megumi looked past Sukuna and back at Kaiya. She could do it if she hadn't used so much of her cursed energy... Megumi thought. Maybe if I buy her enough time to get back on her feet--

Sukuna saw his eyes were looking behind him, "I wouldn't look to her for help any time soon," Sukuna spoke, breaking Megumi from his thoughts. Megumi looked back at him.

"Shinimi Reapers normally take a full week to recover from using that much cursed energy. Because she's young, it might take longer," Sukuna explained.

Megumi slowly raised his hands in front of his face, his hands still shaking. Then I have to do this. Megumi put his hands together in the formation of a bird. His shadow behind him grew in size and manifested into a large orange bird, Nue.

Megumi and Nue ran toward Sukuna. Sukuna took his hands out of his pockets and moved his hands to his head, resting them in his hair, "I'm finally outside, after all," He began, "Let's use the open space."

Megumi threw a kick at Sukuna which he easily dodged. Megumi threw multiple punches at Sukuna, he easily dodged all of them. "Interesting," Sukuna commented, "You use Shikigami, but you still come at me yourself?"

Behind him, Nue flew down to attack Sukuna. Megumi began throwing different attacks at Sukuna. Sukuna effortlessly dodged Megumi and Nue, his hands back in his pockets.

"More," Sukuna encouraged, dodging Megumi's attacks easily, "More." Megumi threw one more punch to Sukuna's face. Sukuna turned his body to dodge it and also grabbed Megumi's fist.

Sukuna pulled Megumi closer to him, "Put more curse behind it," Sukuna said, his red eyes glowing. Megumi tried to back away when Sukuna suddenly backhanded him, "When you strike me!"

Megumi still held his ground and made another formation with his hand, Orochi! Megumi shouted in his head. From the shadows, a large white snake appeared and bit Sukuna. Orochi took Sukuna up into the air.

"Gang up on him!" Megumi shouted. Nue's wings began charging up with electricity. Nue struck Sukuna with electricity which didn't seem to affect him one bit. Sukuna broke out of Orochi's jaws, splitting the snake down the middle.

Megumi watched in horror as Orochi was destroyed. In an instant, Sukuna was beside Megumi again. He grabbed the back of Megumi's uniform, "Hey, what did I just say?" Sukuna asked, "Let's use the open space!"