𝐭𝐰𝐨

Later that night, Kaiya and Megumi were sitting on the floor of her dorm as Kaiya tried dressing Megumi's wounds. Kaiya grabbed Megumi's chin and turned his head back to her, "Stop moving!" Kaiya shouted.

"You're hurting me!" Megumi retorted, pushing her away.

"Stay still, Megumi! I need to clean the blood!" Kaiya replied, grabbing his arm.

"Shinimi-senpai, please, I can do the rest myself!" Megumi argued.

"No, you're not. Just sit still!" Kaiya argued back. "This was so much easier when you were in middle school," She mumbled, "At least you did the beating up."

"Stop," Megumi replied.

Kaiya tore the bandage and sat down in front of Megumi, looking at him from over the top of her sunglasses. Megumi always thought it was a little odd for her to be wearing sunglasses indoors but he's pretty sure he's seen Satoru wearing the same sunglasses before. He'd guess that she developed the habit of wearing them inside from him.

Kaiya wore her sunglasses because Satoru says 'it's easier to hide your red eyes in public'. The public thing made sense since no one has naturally red eyes and she could possibly get strange looks. She offered to wear contacts but Satoru says 'they're too expensive', so she was stuck with sunglasses. And Satoru being Satoru, he got her the same pair he uses.

She wore them inside because she eventually got self-conscious about her eyes and started wearing them inside instead of just out in public. She didn't really care if her inner circle knew about the color of her eyes because they were used to seeing such abnormal things, so she figured red eyes wouldn't affect them as much as a normal person. But old habits die hard.

Although, She never told Satoru a specific reason why she started wearing them inside. She always seemed uncomfortable when he asked so he stopped asking.

Megumi glanced down at her hands, remembering how she felt pain in her wrist after blocking Sukuna's attack.

"Come on, tell me," Kaiya pressed, digging through the medkit.

"Wh-What?" Megumi asked, surprised.

"You look like you have something on your mind," Kaiya replied, "What is it?"

Kaiya leaned forward and placed the bandaid on Megumi's chin. "How's your wrist?" Megumi questioned, "I saw you trying to relieve some pain after you blocked Sukuna's attack."

"I'm fine, Megumi," Kaiya smiled, "My cursed energy just has that effect on my body, you know that."

"Yeah, right," Megumi mumbled, "I do."

Just summoning the scythe wouldn't affect Kaiya negatively. But using her cursed energy did. She didn't use her cursed energy as often as someone like Satoru or Megumi, she mainly relied on her ability to fight with the scythe and her strength. Using her cursed energy was usually a life or death situation.

Granted, protecting Megumi wasn't considered life or death to some people. However, to Kaiya, it was. She was a third-year at Jujutsu Tech while Megumi was a first-year. She was the oldest of the students at Jujutsu Tech, so she felt protective over them. On the other hand, the other students looked at her as a big sister. She was someone they could count on.

Kaiya believed in all of the student's strengths, but she couldn't help but want to protect them. Whenever Satoru or one of the faculty gave her the task of protecting a student, she would protect that student with her life. No matter what it took.

"Anyways, I'm done." Kaiya said, "I'll see you in the morning, okay?" Megumi nodded as he stood up from his spot on the floor.