𝐨𝐧𝐞

Satoru Gojou was standing at a food stand that served mochi. Behind him, Kaiya Shinimi huffed, blowing strands of her bangs up. Satoru handed some money to the stand attendant and waited for them to give him his change.

Kaiya suddenly felt a piercing headache come on. She groaned in pain and rubbed her temples with her index and middle finger. "You okay?" Satoru asked.

"Fine..." Kaiya replied. The pain only got worse, causing Kaiya to exclaim in pain. The stand attendant looked over as she handed the bag of mochi to Satoru.

"Is she okay?" They questioned.

"I'm sure she's fine," Satoru replied hurriedly. He smiled and thanked the attendant. He turned to Kaiya and grabbed her arm, dragging her off to a safe distance.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I-I don't know..." Kaiya replied, her voice straining from the pain.

"Is it like... That time of the month or--"

"No!" Kaiya yelled, "My head hurts."

Images of a boy with pink hair and black markings on his face suddenly flashed in her mind. She winced from the pain that came with that image. The next image was a man with four arms, dressed in a light-colored kimono.

Kaiya grabbed Satoru's arm to stabilize herself as the pain only got worse. The whites of her eyes turned dark grey and black markings appeared on her skin. Satoru put the bag down on the floor and put his hand on her other arm.

"Shit," Kaiya winced. "I... I think something happened to the special grade object we sent Megumi to get." She looked up at Satoru as her eyes returned to normal, the markings on her skin slowly disappearing.

At the same time, all the way in Kyoto, Masato Ketsuyuki and Utahime Iori were washing dishes. Miwa Kasumi, one of the second years, was also with them. Masato dropped a plate onto the floor at the sudden pain in his head.

Utahime and Miwa flinched at the sound of the plate hitting the ground. Masato groaned in pain, grabbing the edge of the sink with one hand and putting his other hand on her forehead. "Ketsuyuki-sensei!?" Miwa asked.

"Masato, are you okay?" Utahime asked.

"I'm fine," Masato replied, "I'm sorry. I just got this really bad headache."

"Do you want to sit down?" Miwa asked, ready to leave and grab a chair for him.

"No, Miwa," Masato answered, "But thank you." Images similar to the ones Kaiya saw flashed into his mind as well. "Aah shit," He winced quietly.

Utahime looked down and noticed the black markings on his hand. Utahime looked at Miwa, panicked, "Uh, Miwa, about that chair. Go get one, please."

Miwa nodded and left the kitchen in a rush. Utahime put a comforting hand on his back, "What's wrong?" She asked quietly.

"I'm not sure," Masato replied. Utahime could see the discolor in his eyes. "I got a chair!" Miwa exclaimed as she came back into the kitchen.

"Thank you, Miwa," Utahime said.

"I have to go," Masato spoke softly. Utahime looked at Masato, noticing the markings had disappeared from his skin.

"What?" Utahime asked, "Where are you going?" Masato shrugged and walked away. He heard Utahime call his name again, but he ignored it. As he passed the counter, he grabbed the car keys on top of them.

In the Miyagi region, Chiyoko Akuma was drying off her hair. She had just gotten out of the shower. She turned off her hairdryer and unplugged it from the outlet. She wrapped up the cord and put the hairdryer away.