𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Later that night, Kaiya winced as Shouko Ieiri gently touched her bruised throat. "Your reverse cursed techniques healed most of it," Shouko said, "I'll try to heal the rest. I can't make any promises."

Shouko was one of Satoru's high school friends. She was the one to take care of Kaiya when Satoru was unavailable. He felt like it would be good for Kaiya to have some sort of mother figure in her life.

Kaiya nodded. Shouko gently grabbed Kaiya's chin and tilted her head to the side. Shouko moved Kaiya's hair behind her shoulders and examined the crescent moon marks on the side of her neck.

Shouko muttered something under her breath. Shouko glanced at Kaiya who was looking off to the side. Shouko could see the dullness in her eyes. It was a look she's seen too often in her friends.

"Hey," Shouko said.

Kaiya looked at her without moving her head so Shouko could keep looking at her wounds. "You did good," Shouko said, trying to cheer her up.

It seemed to have the opposite effect. Kaiya looked away again and bit her bottom lip, feeling tears well in her eyes. "Itadori's dead..." Kaiya whispered, "I didn't--" Her voice cracked, "--I didn't do good."

Despite Itadori being dead, Kaiya found herself being drawn in.

"You fought well," Shouko replied, "Sukuna was just too strong--"

"They were my responsibility!" Kaiya cried.

"Don't push your voice!" Shouko scolded sternly.

Kaiya gulped and winced in pain. Shouko put a comforting hand on Kaiya's arm. "I should've made them go. I shouldn't have let them come with me..." Kaiya mumbled.

"I understand your pain, Kaiya," Shouko spoke softly, "I know you want to protect them-- second-years included-- because of what happened to your cousin. But... But you can't save everyone, Kaiya."

Kaiya stayed quiet as tears rolled down her face. Shouko moved closer to Kaiya and pulled her into a hug. "Megumi and Kugisaki could've died too," Kaiya whispered, burying her face into Shouko's shoulder.

"I was careless..."

"You're never careless," Shouko replied, "I know how much you love them, Kaiya. And I'm sure they do too."

Kaiya cried as Shouko rubbed her back comfortingly. "Satoru returns tomorrow morning," Shouko said, "And I called your friends in Kyoto." Kaiya raised her head from Shouko's shoulder.

"Really?" She asked.

"They said they'll stop by when they have time," Shouko smoothed down Kaiya's hair. Kaiya nodded, rubbing her eyes.

"Let me finish working on your wounds and I'll let you go to sleep, okay?"

Kaiya nodded again.

----

The next morning, Satoru Gojou walked into the lobby of a large penthouse. He wasn't wearing his blindfold as usual, choosing to wear his black circle sunglasses. By looks alone, people around him to call he was pissed. "Gojou-san, if you're here for Kamo-sama, she's incredibly busy--" The receptionist said, standing up.

"I'm her cousin, she can make time for me," Satoru snapped.

"I wouldn't," The receptionist replied, "Gojou-san, she doesn't like to be bothered!" She raised her voice as Satoru got further away from her. Satoru pushed the up button beside the elevator and stepped inside once the doors opened.