Games

Chapter 2! First vote gets a shoutout on my next chapter of HTETU! I love you all. Thank you so much for he support. As always, follow on Instagram and message me on kik for any reason! Follow on here and please vote/comment/share. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elena POV

"Oh my God, Care, you'll never guess what happened tonight at the Grill with me dad." I gasped when I remembered what I was going to tell my best friend.

"What happened?" Caroline asked always ready for more gossip or drama to fill her life. Caroline loved her gossip and whatever she could get her hands on was great to her. It didn't matter who it pertained to, even if it was about one of her best friends.

"You'll never guess who showed up at the Grill while I was having dinner with my dad." I probed her. I loved making her work for her gossip, especially when it was about me essentially.

"Who? Don't leave me hanging here Lena." Caroline pleaded with me.

"Damon Salvatore." I told her knowing it would leave her confused.

"And why is that breaking high school news?" Caroline asked me an irritated lilt to her voice. She was clearly expecting something a whole lot more juicy.

"It's breaking news because he asked me out." I told her and I could practically see Caroline's jaw drop. She gasped and I patted myself on the back. I had finally managed to shock Caroline Forbes, it was a good feeling.

"What did you just say?" Caroline asked me.

"Damon asked me out." I repeated, the sentence leaving a nasty taste in my mouth.

"Oh my God. What did you say?" She asked me.

"I said no of course." I said shocked that she would even have to ask.

"Oh yeah, I guess you would say no." Caroline said deadpan.

"And you're saying you wouldn't?" I asked her.

"One date wouldn't kill anyone. Besides I'm sure he would do it really well. He'd probably pull out all the stops since he's always planning on getting into his dates pants." Caroline reminded me.

"A good date isn't worth how worthless I would feel if I actually went out with him. He's not my type and he never will be. I can't stand the arrogant asshole." I said.

"Well you gotta know that he's not going to give up that fast. If he asked you out, there's got to be a reason for it. If he wants you, he's not going to give up until he's got you." Caroline warned me.

"Well then I'm just going to have to get really good at saying no to assholes like him." I said and Caroline giggled.

"I wish you luck. Besides it'll be fine. How far do you really think he'll go to get you to date him?" Caroline asked.

"I don't know. It's never taken him much effort to get a girl to date him before. Hopefully he'll give up quick" I said.

"Yeah. But I better go. I have a ton of math homework and Mr. Mathis is going to kill me if I don't do it again." Caroline said and I could picture her rolling her eyes.

"Yeah. I can smell popcorn downstairs which means there is a movie night going on. I'm going to go join in on that." I said. Caroline and I said goodbye and then we both hung up. I stood up and pushed my computer chair back into place. I was practically obsessive compulsive about keeping my room clean. A messy bedroom was one of those things that drove me mad. I absolutely hated going into my brother Jeremy's room because it was so messy. When I left my room, I shut the door behind me and walked downstairs.