Chapter 23 : Last Smile

"Mother!"

The princess run towards the older female who is now surrounded by creatures and currently fighting her way out.

"Y/N! Don't come near!"

As she said that sentence, one creature use its torns to stab the Queen on her side.

The Queen shrieks in pain and cried,

"NO!" The princess shouted, but she cannot move.

Eyes wide, Mind blank, Body frozen and Heart beating so fast.

She cannot process the scenarios that happens next.

"MOTHER!!!"

The Royal Queen smiled to her one last time and mouthed "Go"

Before she was devoured by the monsters around her.

Then suddenly, the front door burst open, and there revealed the wounded King with his sword on his right hand.

He looks around to see what's happening, and there he saw... His beloved wife, getting murdered by the horrendous creatures that he fought with.

His eyes also widened, then shifted to his left, only to see his daughter frozen in place while watching her mother getting killed by those monsters.

The guard saw the poor King and immediately went up to him and leave the girl's side,

"No! Go back and protect her!" Said the King,

The guard stopped on his tracks and looks back at the princess who is now unprotected,

The King limps to the guard, grabs his arm and asked,

"What's your name boy?"

"Xin, your Highness" the boy replied fast,

"Very well then, Xin... I now gave you the responsibility of protecting my daughter, my princess... And the next Ruler of the Magic Island... She's in your hands now. You must protect her at all cost. Protect her with your life" The King said, as the horned creature jumps through the window and came back to the scene.

Once that it lands on the ground, it quickly rushes to the unprotected girl and jumps at her.

But before the monster can do that, it was immediately thrown beside, causing the frozen girl to gain her right mind and thoughts again,

"Y/N! Quickly, get out of there!" The King said,

"Father!"

"Y/N! Move!" As the King said that, he rushes towards her and push her to the side, which cause her to stumble towards the guard's arm and protect her.

As she was being thrown into the guard's protective embrace, the King raises his sword to the creature and immediately wounding it,

The creature cried which causes the others to gain their attention and immediately came up to them to help.

The King swings his sword everywhere to protect himself from getting attacked,

However, he was outnumbered... There was five of them and there is only one of him,

He looks back at the guard, who now became the girl's personal knight, and the princess who is getting petrified again at the happenings,

He too make the same smile like what her mother did and said "Protect her"

By the time he let the words slip out of his mouth, the five enormous creatures jumps together at once and pounced at the poor King's body, devouring and feasting on his flesh.

The princess was too shocked to move which cause the Knight to easily pick her up and ran away from the cottage.

The creatures took notice of this but they were already too late, they are already far away from them.

◈※◈

🍉 : Quite an action eh?