Chapter 25 : Truth Untold

The princess ran and ran until she was out of breath.

Her eyes were puffy because of the tears that ran down from her eyes to her cheeks.

She scanned the area to see if its safe,

She sighed in relief, thinking that she was already far from the creatures who devoured her love ones,

She roamed around the area, unaware about the dark red eyes that were lurking behind the trees around her.

As she walks by, she then spotted a big tree in the middle and saw flower beds beneath.

She walks towards the old tree, and picked a flower.

She scanned the beautiful thing on her hands and noticed that it was a Cosmos flower.

Cosmos flower symbolizes "Peace and Harmony".

But the Island doesn't seem to have any of that.

The Island however, has Chaos and War...

A tear escape her pretty left eye again and fall on her pale rosy cheek like how a raindrop falls on a leaf in a rainy day.

She closed her eyes and wonder...

What if none of this happened?

What if there is no war?

What if no one dies?

What if.....

Her thoughts got corrupted by a hard rock that hit her head in the back.

◈※◈

"Ugh..."

She opened her eyes and only saw darkness infront of her.

She squinted her eyes, trying to see if there's something she can see.

As her eyes scanned around the area,

She was met by two pair of red glowing eyes, then appears another one, and another one, and another one...

She counts the eyes that is staring her from the darkness and realized, that it was the same count as the ones that attacked her and Xin.

"Well well well... Look what we have here" One said

"It's the runaway food"

"The last of them all"

"And the most beautiful meal"

They suddenly came out from where they were hiding and revealed themselves infront of her.

"Stay away from me!" She shouted.

"Ooh~ Scary~"

"Oh look! I think I just peed my self~"

"My legs are shaking, Oh no~"

"Guys! Guys! Catch me, I think I'm going to faint~"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" The creatures mocked her as they laugh so hard about their own jokes, while the princess was shaking in fear of the sight.

They look like hyenas, surrounding their prey while laughing hysterically.

"Stop that, Look, You guys are scaring her" Another one spoked from behind,