Broken beyond repair (Leon x Jessie)

~Told from Jessie's POV

The dance was in two weeks. And the time for me to find a date was running out. I mean, sure there were plenty of nice guys and girls in the grade for me to pick from, but I only had my heart set on one. 

Leon Littlefoot. 

It seemed completely crazy for me, Jessie Junker, the smart, nice quiet girl to ask out someone as cool as Leon, the loud, sweet, funny, athletic guy. He would never go for it. Would never date me, or go to one school dance as my date. 

I would just go single. Or ask my best friend Penny to go with me, as a "date." (We are really just friends.) I might go talk to Leon, ask how he is doing, with a glass of punch in my hand. I would dance alone, or with someone if I was asked to. 

I had it all planned out. Except, why did I feel so broken?

❤❤❤

I was walking from my last period class, English and to my locker to grab my books that I needed for homework. I gathered them up and was about to close my locker and go find Penny when something stopped me dead in my tracks. On the top shelf of my locker was a basket of candy, and they were all red, my favorite color. M&M's (only the red type,) Skittles, (same with the M&M's,) Twizzlers, Swedish Fish, Airheads, Jolly Ranchers and Life Savers. These were all my favorite type of candy, not to mention my favorite color, too. 

This was so sweet! I mean, who would do something like this for me? My birthday wasn't for a couple of months... so I only assumed whoever did this wanted to ask me to the dance. Who in the grade had a crush on me though? 

I needed more information, so I could know who to thank, when I noticed a card inside the basket. I picked it up and read it.

Dear Jessie,

Here are some sweets to the sweetest girl I know. Everyday that I see you, I am greeted by your smile and I can feel the warmth radiating from you. You are so kind, loving, smart and sweet, heck you are even sweeter than these candies, and they are pretty sweet. All I am trying to say is I like you. A lot. And it would be my honor if you could say yes, and go to the dance with me. 

But I want to to find out who I am. So I have left you a clue inside the basket. One of the candies is not like the others. Once you find it, I am sure you will know who I am.

~Signed, ______

Wow. Somebody did this for me. I am beside myself. I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Somebody feels the same way about me as I feel for Leon. 

And I might be able to find who that is. What make's the most sense is that a candy is a different color. Like my favorite color is red, the candy I find will be a different color. So I start searching. The Swedish Fish haven't been opened, so it won't be in there. Same with the Twizzlers. The Airheads are already pre packaged, same with the Jolly Ranchers and Life Savers. That means the candy will be in the Skittles or M&M's.  

I look through the Skittles. Nothing there. So I go through the M&M's. Nothing either. I sigh. I guess this person really wanted to keep their identity a secret. I am about to give up hope when I tilt the basket. And inside, under all the candy packs... is a different colored Skittle.

A green one. 

❤❤❤

To be continued...