To sleep, perchance to dream (Leon x Sandy, part 3)

"Sandy!" I hear my mom yell from outside my room.

"Coming!" I yell back. I exit the room in a freshly tailored, purple and pink suit. My usual purple hair is as wild as it can be, and I even dyed a few parts of my hair pink. Bright pink dress shoes, purple cat phone case and...

And...

I think that's all I need! I slip my phone into my right pocket and walk down the stairs, following my mom.

"Aww Sandy, look at you! So grown up!" My mom, Tara says. She was very supportive of my coming out and was there for me when I needed her. She is thrilled that I have my first boyfriend, and that I got the guy of my dreams.

"Aw, mom come off it." I say, shrugging away from her.

"Sandy, you know I'm just teasing." She replies.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just nervous, that's all."

"Why sweetie?"

"I don't know, I feel like I'm gonna mess something up."

"Honey, you won't. And if you do, that's okay. We are all human, and make mistakes. Everything will go great." She reassures.

I feel a bit better. Not all the way though. But I guess time will tell.

And I don't have much of it. Because at that moment, the doorbell rings.

Leon.

💜💜💜

The second he walks in the door, he wraps his arms around me. I hug back. And attempt not to blush. Even though I hug people a lot, when Leon does it, it always feels different. Better. More... romantic.

"Hey Sandy! You ready to go to the dance?" He asks. He wears a lime green tux with a pride flag tie and rainbow shoes. His hair is finally out of his face, gelled back in a handsome way. He looks so cute.

"Um... yeah. Are you?"

"I was born ready, baby!" He says, planting a small kiss on my cheek. I blush even harder.

"Erm... so am I!" I reply. Man, I'm already sounding like an idiot. Luckily, I am saved.

"Boys! Come over here. Lemme take your pictures." My mom says.

"Coming, mom." I reply. I decide to be bold, and take Leon's hand. He grips mine, and I hold on tighter.

We walk to where my mom is standing, and prepare to have our picture taken.

We get a couple taken:

First- Us with our arms behind each other, smiling.

Second- Him to the right, me to the left shooting finger guns at each other.

Third- Us in a hug, you can see Leon's face. And he's smiling.

Fourth- Him leaning into me, like he is telling a secret. I act surprised, hands covering my mouth.

Fifth- It's a candid shot, where we are both laughing. Why? Because the secret he told me wasn't a secret, it was a memory I have of the two of us when we were little and we were pretending to be fairies but then Leon started crying because he realized he couldn't fly. And his reaction was so ridiculous, every time he tells me I start dying of laughter.

I'm sure there are more photos but that's the ones my mom showed us.

They are pretty cute.

Maybe this dance won't go as bad as I thought...