0.2 |when sharing a table at a café|

0.2 |from Sabah's hastily written notes on tissue paper: when sharing a table at a café|

I only found out later, when he asked for a latte, that he wasn't a Spaniard. He had a really thick accent even when he spoke English and the little Spanish he knew consisted of "Gracias!" which had only come after the natural "Danke!" had left his lips.

But I wasn't disgruntled or disappointed by this knowledge. I stuck to my opinion that fate had just brought in Auburn's 'someone special' and if he wasn't a hot Spaniard, a German would have to do.

So, I told him to take a seat and gestured towards Auburn, "It's easier for me to clean one table instead of two."

He stopped as his grey eyes left my face to take in the already occupied table, his forehead creasing into a slight frown, clearly wanting to sit alone but I didn't change my mind. Years of working at this coffee shop and I know exactly what my customers really want even when they don't know themselves.

He let out a small sigh and walked towards Auburn. I strained my ears and eyes to hear what he would say and see how he would act. His hands were thrust deep in the pockets of his cream-coloured corduroys and before he spoke, he waited. He nervously waited so that Auburn would look up.

When she didn't, he coughed slightly and then, she looked up. Immediately, a pink tinged his pale cheeks and he reached up to brush back his hair, "Uh, senorita, can I...sit here?"

He thought she was Spanish! I couldn't help a short laugh escape from me. Well, at least he spoke English.

She frowned her little frown but gathered her papers towards her half of the table and shrugged, "Sure."

And that was how their story started...with a simple "sure" and a shriek of a metal chair being pulled across the floor, backwards at first, a pause and then forward again.

***

Heyaaa! I seriously love writing this story and I hope you enjoy reading this too. I know the chapters are short but this is how Carlotta tells Sabah this story through breaks in their conversation, breaks when Carlotta has to serve coffee to any customers who come by etc. So, hopefully this should give a likewise feel.

*distributes choco-chip biscuits because they go well with coffee and lemonade* Now that you're munching and happy don't forget to tell me what you thought of this chapter and ofc of the blonde adorable guy with grey eyes ;)