0.39 | when walking a circle |

Sabah found herself standing once again at the threshold to the little coffee shop that had held a whole world for her these past few days.

Her eyes flickered to the closed sign but she would not be deterred. She placed a tentative hand on the handle and gave a little push. Immediately, the wind-chimes tinkled and the glass door glinted backwards.

From somewhere inside the shadowed shop came an angry shout, "We're closed!"

She stepped inside and was about to make out a shape lying huddled over one of the chairs. She walked towards Carlotta decisively and plopped down on the chair opposite her.

"Hey."

Carlotta sat up, looked at the woman in front of her and the looked at the clock. "You missed your flight!"

"Yeah," Sabah replied with a small smile, "I did."

"You idiot."

"It's okay."

"You absolutely stubborn idi-"

Sabah leaned forward. "No, Carlotta, I mean it. It is okay."

Carlotta stared at her and then understanding gave way. She sat back and nearly whispered, "You know."

"Yes."

"How? How could you know?" the older woman asked, this time strongly even as her lower lip trembled.

Sabah took out her phone and pointed to one of the news headlines on the screen. "I googled Anthony."

Carlotta read the words. Real Madrid footballer enjoying a quiet vacation with girlfriend, Auburn Ivy, a schoolteacher from Madrid. SEE PICTURES!

"I am actually ashamed of myself but I couldn't help it." Sabah blushed. "I did see some of their pictures. Anthony is just like how I imagined him to be. Auburn...she's so different than what I had imagined but they look so lovely together."

"How can you know..."

"About you? You told me most of it. I just had to connect the dots and it took me sometime because I had been looking at it all wrong but I know now and what you did, it was wrong but you have got to forgive yourself."

"Then you know why I can't. They hate me," Carlotta said, looking away, angrily wiping off a stray tear with the sleeve of her dress.

"C'mon, that's not-"

"If you know everything, why didn't you just go? What are you doing here?"

Sabah took a deep breath. "I couldn't leave because someone had to tell you that it is okay. You didn't destroy everything. You still have a chance at this family that you love so much."