Chapter 52

Alice didn't think she was that loud, but when they walked out of the bathroom and to their table she noticed how many people stared. Some of them were appalled which made Alice laugh, others seemed curiour or jealous, but the rest didn't care at all about what went on in the bathroom. "They seem rather curious."

"You did me dirty." Alice said in all seriousness despite the smile threatening to make its appearance on her face. "Seeing me with that guy really upset you." Alice stated and FP looked away from her. "I think that's kinda sweet."

"What's the thing with you?" FP asked trying to ignore what she said before.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked and FP shrugged his shoulders.

"Why are you running? Why do you stay so little in one place?" FP knew Alice was travelling a lot for two reasons, one, she admitted it and two, he had been following her.

"It's gonna sound weird." Alice waited for a few moments as the waiter came to their table with the food then she continued. "Do you know anything about a woman named Chunhua Bei?"

"I'm not familiar with the name." FP said as he watched Alice closely, every single one of her gestures were hypnotising.

"Well she's an extremely powerful witch, the oldest there is and strongest there is." There was no point in giving FP more details because he might've just gotten bored. "Anyway, she appeared in my dream and told me to run from someone, I don't know from who."

"Black hair, looks like she's in her forties maybe, brown eyes, small nose, didn't smile, she was wearing some traditional clothing?" FP asked and Alice nodded at the accurate description of Cunhua Bei that FP was giving her. "She appeared in my dream and told me I should find you."

"Why?" Alice tensed. She was told to run and if FP was the person she was supposed to run from she made a big mistake falling for him the way she did.

"I think maybe you can help me." FP saw how Alice's posture suddenly changed. She was scared of him all of a sudden. "Don't leave and I'll tell you, please. You're my only chance."

FP seemed so hurt saying those words Alice couldn't just leave him. He was hopeless and she wanted to help, but she wasn't sure she could. "Your only chance at what?" Alice asked trying to get to the bottom of things.

"At being normal. I hate being a werewolf." FP said directly without hesitation. "You have to help me."

"But I can't help you, I don't know how to." Alice sighed. "And why? Why give up such powers? And immortality, well immortality unless killed, but you know."

"Just because." FP wasn't going to tell her about it. He didn't like talking about his reasons.

Alice reached for his hand and he gave it to her thinking it was harmless. But the next second Alice went through all his memories and found out exactly the reason he wanted to be a simple human. FP quickly pulled his hand back when he felt her going through his memories. "What the hell did you do?"

"Doug-"

"Shut up!" FP cut Alice off. Doug was the last subject he wanted opened in that moment, he hated the idea of talking about the friend he killed. "Why the hell did you do that? Who gave you the right?"

"I needed to know and you weren't gonna-"

"Damn right I wasn't gonna!" FP said firmly. He stood up and everyone in the restaurant turned to see the scene they were causing.

"FP-"

"I'll see you back at the inn." With that said he left.

Alice sighed and sat still. Someone had to pay for their food and she decided to have it bagged, she saw a homeless person at the entrance of the restaurant and decided to give it to them. Until the food was being bagged she took out her phone and called her mother. "Alice, how are you? We haven't heard for you in almost two days, we were worried."

"Sorry, busy days." Alice smirked knowing what she had been actually doing. "I have good news, I know who I'm supposed to run from."

"How?" Her mother asked immediately and Alice explained. "What are you doing then? Run!"

"Mom, he needs help, besides he's not dangerous." Alice simply said and her mother once more advised her to get as far away from FP as she could, but Alice wasn't going to listen to that. "Just a little time. Besides I can disappear in a second if he ever tries to hurt me, which he certainly won't."

"You've known him two days Alice-"

"I'm a big girl Mom." Alice said and she could've sworn she knew exactly the look her mother had on her face as if she was saying 'keep thinking that, but you're still a child'. "I'll call and I'll text. I love you! Tell Dad I love him too. I gotta go, bye!"

"We love you too Alice."