Chapter 18

After Alice managed to talk to Alex she walked with FP to the car. He tried to open the door for her, but Alice opened it before he has the chance and she slammed it as hard as she could.

"Why the hell did you slam it like that?" FP asked the moment he got in the car and Alice rolled her eyes. "Look, this is how you close a door." FP slowly did it himself, but Alice didn't care to watch him do it. "I'm glad you didn't sleep with him."

"Fuck off!" Alice slightly shook her head as FP started the car. "You get to do whatever the hell you want and I don't get to be with someone for half an hour or whatever. Seems fair."

"You wouldn't have liked it anyway. Nobody except me can make you scream their name." FP smirked and Alice finally looked at him as he drove. "What?"

"Stop the car." Alice ordered him and as if to annoy her FP started driving faster. "I swear to god I'm jumping out of it if you don't."

"Yeah, sure." FP scoffed and Alice undid her seatbelt before she moved her hands towards the door handle. "Ok, a second!" He panicked when Alice opened the door so he pulled over as fast as he could.

Alice rushed out of the car and started walking. She was pretty far from FP by the time he closed the door and locked the car, but he was quick to catch up with her. "Let's go back to the car Alice."

"Let's not." Alice wrapped her arms tightly around herself as she walked. She hated that she decided to put on heels.

"Come on Ali, let's-"

"Don't call me that!" Alice stopped in her tracks. "Don't ever call me that!"

"Why?" FP asked for two reasons, one, because she looked incredibly hurt, she was hurt before, but when he said that nickname she was even more hurt and two, it meant getting her to stop and maybe to go home.

"None of your business." Alice said firmly. "Leave me alo-"

"We're far from home, it's late, anything could happen-"

"Then let it fucking happen!" Alice threw her hands in the air in anger and frustration. "You don't give a fuck about me so why the hell-"

"I care about-"

"Lies, lies and lies again." Alice cut FP off as she shook her head. "I just, why do you get to have everything? You have me running after you like a stupid puppy, you have your parents, you have your money, your freedom, you have me working to find a stupid cure for you and what do I have? Absolutely nothing."

"You have me, come on." FP reached for her hand, but Alice stepped back. "Alice please."

"I can't fucking understand you!" She was yelling, she was getting it out of her system. Alice was filled with sadness, anger, she was tired, she was everything, but relaxed or happy. "One minute you love me, the next you don't know me. What is this? I'm not who I was a few days ago and you can't wrap your mind around the fact that I'm falling apart. I'm falling apart and I can't do anything about it. It feels like I can't breathe all the time and you're playing me, you're playing me and it hurts. I just want everything to be the way it was before I knew about you and your stupid parents."

There was complete silence coming from the both of them for a few moments. FP couldn't say anything, he couldn't find anything to say that would've been helpful to Alice. She was right and he knew he had to do something to help her. It didn't matter if it made finding a cure for him take more time, he wanted to make sure Alice was getting better. And she was right, he confused her, he knew that. FP didn't mean to, but it happened.

"I'm sorry, you're right." FP eventually said and Alice just looked at him. She had a few tears streaming down her face. Not many, it was as if even crying was too much for her at that point. "Let's go back home, we can talk there or not talk or whatever you want. We can buy some ice cream or chips or anything on the way there."

"Chips won't help." Alice whispered as she started walking back to the car with FP by her side.

"If they make you feel a little bit better then they're helpful enough." FP said and Alice decided to remain silent. There he was, making her be confused again. "We can talk, I'll tell you anything you wanna know."

"Anything?" Alice asked raising her ehebrows. "Really?"

"Well we'll see about that, but I promise not to lie." Those words coming from FP meant something to Alice, but only as long as he was willing to keep that promise. Because if he weren't then it would've been just another reason for her to feel incredibly awful and that was the last thing she needed in those moments. "Ok?" FP asked as they finally reached the car and he opened the door for her.

"Ok."