Chapter 68

It's been exactly two years and seven months since FP left. In their hearts nothing had changed, but it couldn't be said the same about Alice's life. The moment FP was out of her life she decided that she mustn't let him come back in, no matter what. The decision could've been because of her ego, because of how hurt she was, it could've been rational or irrational, but it was a decision that she made. Alice made it her life's purpose to stand by it.

So as soon as she could she got a boyfriend, a werewolf, dark haired, brown eyes, he was FP's copy. Her parents saw that, they told her that but Alice refused to believe them or listen to them when they told her that what she and FP had wasn't over. They were pissed at him for leaving too, but they knew how hard life could be so they understood him. But Alice chose not to.

As for FP, he travelled all around the world, he even kept a diary where he wrote down all his feelings and events of his life beginning as early as he could remember. It did him good, he began to understand whho he was and why he did certain things. He wanted to be the perfect son, the perfect doctor and to his ex before Alice, the perfect partner. But that didn't work out because he wasn't himself, he was trying to meet everyone's expectations but his.

However, after two years and seven months he realised who he was. He realised people couldn't do all the things he wanted them to and that he didn't have to do all the things people wanted him to. FP finally understood that he could be his own person, he finally forgave himself for killing his friend. So at the end of that period of time he went to see his parents and immediately afterwards he tracked Alice down.

FP found out she moved into a house in Seattle with her boyfriend, but he wasn't upset about it. He loved her and he was certain she loved him. So he went there with no hesitation. FP knocked on her door and her boyfriend answered it. "Can I help you with something?"

"Does Alice Smith live here?" FP asked trying to stall him a little while he thought of how to play his cards. He was sure Alice didn't tell her boyfriend about him so he figured he could pretend he was whomever he wanted.

"Yes, she's not here right now though. Who are you?" The man asked as he leaned against the door frame and eyed FP wondering how he knew Alice.

"I'm her be other." FP didn't hesitate, but when he saw the look in his eyes he knew he didn't believe him. Of course he didn't, he was a werewolf he could smell him and in no way a hybrid was related to a werewolf, or at least not by blood. So FP found his way out of it. "Adopted, he grew up together as brother and sister. Sorry, I don't usually have to go into so much detail with basic people."

"Fair enough." Alice's boyfriend laughed. "I'm Jace, you?"

"FP." He shook hands with Jace and the man invited him inside. "So, where's Alice? I haven't seen her in a while, I had some stuff to do and we didn't really keep in touch."

"She's at work, she's working at a school close by, she'll be home shortly." Jace answered. "Something to drink?"

"Sure." FP followed the man into the kitchen as he started asking questions about FP. The ones he could answer truthfully he did and for the others he made up lies but he felt no guilt about it.

Soon Alice came back from the school and she almost fainted when she saw her boyfriend and her ex-boyfriend having drinks on the couch in her living room. "Hi sis, good to see you." FP stood up before she could say anything. "Long time no see." He walked up to her and hugged her.

"What the-"

"I'll leave you guys to catch up. Your brother has great stories from when he was abroad babe." Jace smiled and he went to kiss Alice after her embrace with FP was over. She was confused for a moment then she understood that FP must've lied to him about them being brother and sister.

"Does he?" Alice asked as she watched FP closely while her boyfriend left the house leaving them all the privacy they needed. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Came to see you Alice." FP smiled. He reached for her hand but Alice stepped back.

"I will hurt you I swear to god." Alice warned him angrily. "Leave!"

"Actually Jace invited me to stay with you guys while I find a job and a house or something." FP smiled. He knew Alice, begging for forgiveness wasn't it. He had to make her want him then he had to prove himself and after he did all that he knew she'd forgive him.

"If you tell him the truth I will kill you."