1.8 | A GOOD MAN

"GOOD MORNING, LEENA

"GOOD MORNING, LEENA."

As soon as the automatic voice resounded around her, she glanced up at the ceiling with a small quirk of her eyebrow.

"Hi, F.R.I.D.A.Y."

Leena glanced around the spacious training room that Peter had informed her about but she had yet to use it for she had been hiding away over the past few days, avoiding the Terrains, more specifically, avoiding the God of Thunder. She had taken to staying in the confines of her four-walled room, mulling over ideas to bring back the dead and await for the transporter to reveal Thanos' position.

She had no ideas. Nor did she know where Thanos was.

She was driving herself insane thinking about it. So, in an attempt to quell her rising insanity, she had finally plucked up the courage to visit the training room. Not only was it for her sanity but she was also itching to stab something that she imagined to be Thor's godly body.

But as she looked around the room, Leena was wondering where she should start. It was the second time that the Terrain's had managed to impress the Daughter of Thanos. Leena couldn't help her widened eyes as she glanced around the training room.

There were different sections, each section divided by clear panelling. There must have been at least twelve sections, six on either side. Leena cast her eyes towards the first section on her left. She stepped towards the panels to glance inside where she noticed swords hanging on a metal bar.

She stepped back. Leena went to walk towards the next section only to pause when she heard a soft click of a door behind her. She glanced over her shoulder and noticed Steve as he entered the training room. His eyes widened slightly, almost apologetically. He was adorning a shirt that clung to him like a second skin and dark grey sweatpants.

"Sorry, I didn't know that anyone was in here," Steve called out, his voice bouncing around the training room. His lips had pulled up into their usual soft smile.

Leena shook her head, "don't worry. I was just — I'll leave."

She felt her cheeks burn slightly. Leena felt lost. She didn't want to be here while he was here.

"It's pretty big, right?" Steve said with a small laugh, running a hand through his long dark blonde hair. He placed his hands on his hips and looked around the training room. "It's kind of intimidating, not knowing where to start."

For a brief moment, Leena halted her footing. She stood still while Steve walked towards her, his eyes wandering around the room. She, too, glanced around once again. The room was too big for her. She felt small. She didn't like feeling small. Nor did she like training with others in the room. She trained alone once Gamora had left her.

Her heart clenched.

Gamora.

Leena ignored the burning feeling in the back of her eyes, blinking quickly, and locking her gaze on a wall that had hooks attached to it. A jacket or two hung from the hooks.