0.5 | NINETY-SEVEN JUMPS

TO SAY THAT things were awkward between the estranged sisters, after they had abandoned Nowhere and returned to the Sanctuary, would have been an understatement

Leena's eyes were fixated upon Gamora as they stalked down the empty corridor towards the Throne Room, following their fathers request. He had abandoned them to check on the situation regarding the other two Stones, leaving Leena with the responsibility of ensuring that Gamora stayed on the Sanctuary. The entire interaction between Thanos, Gamora and her Terrain friend, had Leena mulling over her thoughts.

She could barely shift her gaze. It had been four years. Four long years since her sister was within reach. Only a handful of occasions had Leena witnessed her in the Cosmos, from a far distance, but made no move to engage with her.

In the distance, the marching steps of the Chituari guards echoed towards them. Within moments, they had stomped into view. Both Leena and Gamora stepped towards the wall as the guards moved past them, a few snarled at Gamora.

"That's welcoming," Leena found herself mumbling under her breath.

Gamora glanced over her shoulder, "so you can speak. For a moment, I thought Thanos had ripped your tongue from your mouth."

Leena quirked an eyebrow as they rounded a corner, finally cleared from the Chitauri snarls. "I have nothing to say to you."

"You just spoke to me," Gamora retorted.

Leena shot her a look as they stood before the entrance to the Throne Room. Gamora's hand instinctively went to unlock the door with her handprint, and she blinked in surprise when the keypad lit green and the door sliced through the air.

The youngest daughter walked past Gamora who stood at a standstill. "Yeah, he kept your handprint. Don't let it affect your ego," Leena threw her a careless look, "he also kept Nebula's, and we both know how much he loathes her."

Gamora's jaw clenched as she stepped over the threshold. Instantly, they were greeted with the domed enclosure and a small chill nipped at their skin as the door sliced down, and automatically locked.

"How has it been?" Gamora asked as Leena stalked towards the stairs leading up to the throne. She perched herself on the fourth stair, and looked up at her sister. "Following him, doing what he says, and killing without question."

Leena snorted, sarcastically, "what is this? An inquisition?"

Gamora shook her head, a false smile dancing on her face. "No, I'm just curious." Gamora trailed slowly, she tilted her head, "I know that you have followed me across the Cosmos, and yet, you have not turned me in to our loving father. Why, Leena?"

Piercing green eyes locked onto her honey brown as they glinted under the dim light. She picked at the frays from the bandage wrapped around her left forearm. "No idea what you're talking about."