-1-

Everyone is happy. All 8 of them in the dorm kitchen waving goodbye to the little phone screen. They said their final goodbyes and shared their laughs as Chan ended the live stream. "Okay, we've cooked for stay, but now let's eat before it goes cold," Chan cheered to the members. You all grabbed a bowl filled with food and went to your chosen spots around the dorm to eat. 

You went into a shared bedroom where Seungmin and Jeongin sat eating whilst watching a recent Straykids performance on a phone. "Can I join you both?". They both nodded without turning away from the screen as you sat between them. "You guys did really well, the choreography looked intense". They agreed and shared some behind the scenes stories from that day. "Well actually see this move here?" Seungmin was concentrating and paused at the right moment. "In practice, Felix actually fell onto Jisung, but we nailed it here". Jeongin couldn't help but join in. "Yes but you also tripped a bit just after that, look!" he teased as Seungmin playfully hit him. They exchanged laughs as Felix walked in. "You guys won't let that go will you?" he said with a mouth full of food. "Y/n, tell them to stop picking on me" he whined with a pout on his face.  

As the night was approaching you noticed some members getting ready to get to bed so you took this as your cue to set off for home. You went into every room to wave goodbye to the members and headed towards the door. You suddenly heard some footsteps running towards you and before you could turn around you felt a pair of arms around you. "Please come tomorrow too, we will finish practice around 5 pm", instantly you knew it was Jisung so you turned around to give him a proper hug. "I will". You both release from your embrace and as he leaves for his room you see that Changbin was standing there, a little awkward. "I'll see you tomorrow Changbin" you announced with a soft smile. "Can't wait!" he says whilst handing you the jacket that you almost forgot. You say a quick thank you before shouting your final goodbye, which is echoed by the other 7 voices coming from different rooms. "Ah, before you go" Changbin hesitates, "Feel free to text or call if you feel like you need to whilst walking". It's nice to feel like someone cares so much. "Thank you Bin, I'll text you when I'm back too".  And with that, you left. 

Walking home in the dark wasn't the most fun. The city was bright with lights but the night sky and quiet streets always made you a little anxious. But it's what fits in with Straykids' schedule, the late nights. One of the members would offer to walk you home since it's only a 10-minute walk, you always assured you'd be okay. Besides, it'll feel unfair for them to have to walk there and back.

//time skip//

Changbin: Hey, just checking that you're home :) 

Y/n: Typing...

You were home. Safe and sound. Which was the truth and what you wanted to reply to Changbin. But you couldn't yet through your sobs and tears. Nothing happened, you just overthought. The sound of close footsteps and feeling in your chest to walk faster happened sometimes. Although you know deep down it's nothing, your body just sometimes thinks the worst and you get upset.

Y/n: Yes, just got back. Goodnight.

Changbin: Goodnight y/n, thanks for replying.